Question about HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
F1703 monitor >> too simple!!! Unclip the front cover that sits around the front screen. >Becareful not to break the clips.>Remove the adjustment 715L1009-1-B (MANNEQUIN KEY BOARD) it has 2 screws and unclips from opposite side of the board. >> Clip back the surrounding cover.
Job done, no more OSD MAIN MENU ON YOUR SCREEN.
And you do not need to replace the board, your monitor will work just fine.
Posted on Apr 15, 2010
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
I was also facing same kind of problem ... actually all my screen setting changing automatically ....I had tried many ways like cleaning with spirit ,heating etc. but all proved to me a temporary solution FINALLY I REMOVED MY SWITCH PANEL & BROKE ALL MY SWITCHES & NOW THERE IS NO PROBLEM I AM CHANGING MY SCREEN SETTING WITH THE HELP OF A SCREW DRIVER BY CLOSING THE CONTACTS OF SWITCHES>>.......
Posted on May 17, 2010
Could be defective front panel,switches corroded or the Interface board could be defective.
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
I'v got the same problem yesterday .I spray with switch cleaning lubricant the 4 buttons of "Mannequin Key Board" and bye,bye problems. This happens when cleaning products is going through holes of facia, specialty spray solution
Posted on Aug 06, 2008
Osd and main menu keep poping up
Posted on Feb 22, 2009
I have 14" dell Lcd monitor - the problem was the OSD screen offen 5 seconds appears, i could not work at all,so please give solution to avoid offen appearance of OSD screed
Posted on Oct 21, 2012
Pls check 2 items-
1. The battery in the CPU mother board. Replace it if too old.
2. Unplug yr memory card from the slot & plug it back again. It could be loose.
Posted on Nov 19, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop Computer...
Press the "Menu" button again if the lockout message remains on the screen.
Use the arrow buttons to navigate through the main menu options.
Highlight the "Settings" or "OSD Menu" option and then hit the Menu key again to access the new list of settings.
Scroll down to the "OSD Lock" heading. Use the arrow keys to change the setting to "No." Hit the Menu key again to return to the main menu. Scroll to the "Exit" setting and then hit the Menu key a final time to exit the menu setting and remove the OSD lockout.
hope this helps
Jun 07, 2012 | HP Computers & Internet
Jul 02, 2011 | Acer X203H bd Monitor
Mar 01, 2011 | HP 1730 LCD Monitor
Mar 28, 2009 | Philips 170S7FS 17" LCD Monitor
Aug 22, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 09, 2008 | LG L1915S 19" LCD Monitor
Mar 26, 2008 | Philips 190B6CB/27 19" LCD
Oct 12, 2007 | HP Pavilion F1523 15" LCD Monitor
Jun 29, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
9,635 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!