Question about Toshiba TDP-S20U Multimedia Projector
I have a Toshiba TDP-S20 projector that will not power up the lamp.
It initially has the standby lights illuminated, but when one tries to power the lamp up, there is not even a flicker, and it then flashes a red lamp light on the top panel - which suggests a fauly lamp.
Now the lamp is good (and so are the 4 spares I have) as I have put them all into another unit and they all power up. The colour wheel is spinning, and all board connections seem to be in order.
Is there a secondary power supply that kicks the lamp into action?
The lamp ballast which ignites the lamp has failed it sounds like. The red flashing lamp is the tell tale sign with a good lamp installed. Make sure the lamp door is closed too, there is a door switch that can also trigger the red lamp and no startup. There is a company in San Diego CA that can repair the unit called PROJECTOR DOCTOR
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 29, 2013 | Toshiba TDP-ET10 DLP Projector
on Apr 06, 2011 | Toshiba TDP-P9 DLP Projector
Jul 31, 2011 | Toshiba TDP-TW420 DLP Projector
Please dont forget to vote this answer was helpful
Feb 18, 2011 | Toshiba TDP-S20U Multimedia Projector
1. Turn-off the device by pressing the "ON/STANDBY" and unplug the power cord
2. In the meantime, hold down buttons "ON/STANDBY", "MENU" and "INPUT and plug-in the power cord
3. The lamp operation counter will automatically turn to zero
4. Check if the lettering "0H" appears on the lamp operation counter in the status display
5. After the lamp operation counter has turned to zero, turn off the projector by pressing "ON/STANDBY" and unplug the device.
Jan 06, 2011 | Toshiba TDP-TW95 DLP Projector
Feb 22, 2008 | Toshiba TDP-S8 Multimedia Projector
Oct 13, 2007 | Toshiba TLP S30 Multimedia Projector
1,530 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!