We have a Pac 60 how do you clean/descale the unit?
We have used it one summer and this is the second summer.
We have a bottle of Pinguino Mantex S.N.O but no book to follow directions for cleaning
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
fill the tank with detergent and let the hot water run for about 15 seconds. Then turn off the machine for about 15 minutes. Then turn the machine back and let the hot water. Then rinse the water tank and fill it with clean water. Run hot water again to empty the tank. Fill clean water again and then you can put down coffee :)
Your saniflo has a membrane that covers the electric and switch, it is probably starting to get covered in limescale, have you tried descaling the unit, you can get descaler from saniflo and the instructions are on the bottle, its very easy to do, there are otherb cheaper makes of descaler but as far as I know saniflo descaler is the only one with the instructions on the bottle.
There are other things it could be like a faulty switch or heavy/hardened lime scale on the same membrane mentioned above or the membrane could of be deformed and lost it's shape causing the problem, but all of those problems would need a engineer and maybe even parts, so try decaling first
If this one is not close enough, you can make your own descaling solution my mixing a 50/50 solution of White Vinegar and Bottled Distilled Water. I have been recommending this for years to folks who have a scaling problem with humidifiers, electric irons, coffee makers, etc. In every case it worked well for them.
Hope this helped you and thanks for choosing FixYa.
Removing the red descaling light is simple.
1. Fill reservoir with half vinegar and half water (no need for the special descaling product from Tassimo).
2. Turn on machine.
3. Insert yellow cleaning disc found in back of machine.
4. This is where most people have the their problem...You must hold the start button for 3 to 5 seconds for the descaling program to start. Both green and red light will flash.
5. Once started, use a large cup to catch the output of water.
6. The machine will cycle through the descaling program in about 30 to 45 minutes. Be paitent!!!
7. Once completed, run many cups of plain water through the system to remove the vinegar taste.
8. Red light problem is solved.
Automatic clean function
The coffee maker is equipped with an automatic clean function. After 60 brewing cycles, the clean indicator/button (22) lights up. This indicates coffee maker should be cleaned by using the automatic clean function and the charcoal filter (17) should be replaced.
NOTE: The coffee maker can continue to be used, when clean indicator/button (22) is on.
• To begin the cleaning cycle, remove the charcoal filter (17) from the water tank (10). Fill the tank with a vinegar and water mixture (1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water) or a descaling product. Press clean (22) button for three seconds. The clean indicator/button (22) flashes and the cleaning process begins.
• 24 cycles of 7 seconds brewing and 21 seconds off
• 30 minutes rest
• Brewing the remaining descaling solution
• After cleaning process is complete the clean indicator/button (22) goes off. Fill water tank (10) with clean water and run one brewing cycle to rinse the coffee maker.
• Change the charcoal filter (17) (ill. k). Reinsert the charcoal filter to the coffee maker (ill. l).
NOTE: You can use the cleaning function before reaching 60 cycles (especially if the water hardness is above normal). Press and hold clean indicator/button (22) for 3 seconds.
NOTE: The Cleaning Process takes 60 minutes to complete. You cannot cancel the cleaning process before it is complete. Unplugging the machine only delays the cleaning process.