Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Make sure you are connected via wired connection to the router. go to Start>RUN>type iexplore 192.168.1.1>enter. userID is blank and password is admin>click OK> put PPPoE as your Internet Connection Set Up and type your ISP userID and pw.
Posted on Dec 09, 2007
Have you opened run, typed in cmd ,then ipconfig to make sure this is your ip addy
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2013 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
May 02, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
1. Using a computer that is plugged into the router directly with a network cable, open a web browser.
2. In the "Address Bar" type http://192.168.1.1 and press Enter.
A box should appear asking for a "User Name" and a "Password". Leave
the "User Name" field empty, and type your WRT54G router password into
the "Password" field (the default "Password" is admin) and click the OK button or press [Enter].
4. The WRT54G "Setup" page should now appear. Click onto the Wireless page.
5. When the "Wireless" page loads, you should be on the Basic Wireless Settings sub-section.
6. Look for the "Wireless Channel" option. The default channel is set to "6 - 2.437GHz". Change it to either "1 - 2.412GHz", or "11 - 2.462GHz".
7. Click on the Save Settings button toward the bottom of the page to save changes. Click Continue when prompted to reload the page.
The channel of your WRT54G has now been changed. Restart your wireless
computers so that they can automatically connect using the new channel.
If you still experiencing interference using channels 1, 6, or 11, try
switching the router to the other channels as well (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9,
10) and find one that captures a good connection.
If you need more help come back.Post / thumbs / testimonial are welcome!
Nov 20, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 16, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Mar 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 27, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 23, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jun 24, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 23, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Feb 16, 2006 | Linksys (WRT54GC) Router
47 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!