Question about LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Won't completely turn on

Let's start with, I WASHED MY PHONE!!!! Therein lies the problem. However, I did not immediately try to turn on the phone. I took the battery out and let it dry out for a few days. Currently, it will not start up all the way. It turns on and and freezes at the black screen that displays "Verizon Wireless." Is my phone shot or is it something that can be reset? perhaps a new battery? Please help me fix this expensive mistake!!

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 3 Answers
Re: won't completely turn on

I am afraid you are screwed. The water has gotten into your curcuit boards and is shorting out components. There is a remote possabilty that it could dry out, but things are so crammed in that compact case that it may just corrode metal or even grow mold. Leave the battery out and battery cover off for a few days and see if you get lucky. All the new phone have litte stips on the batteries and inside so they can tell if they got wet that voids the warrenty or insurance. Sorry!

In Wisconsin

Posted on Nov 29, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer phone BLU Life play is completely dead now. The day before thanksgiving my phone was working perfectly find then of course. My battery. Was at 20% so I tried charging it and I notice that it...

Try using someone else's battery in your phone and/or your battery in their phone and try charging it and turning them on. If your phone turns on now, then its something wrong w/ the battery, if not... then its something wrong with your phone. Is there any possibility that it got wet? If so, take the battery out immediately (although its probably way too late after all the attempted charging), pour some rice into a small tupperware or other sealable container, snug your phone into the rice, then bury it completely in more rice and seal the container and LEAVE IT ALONE for at least a couple days. After u take it out and plug it in... go do something away from the phone for a bit... cuz it sometimes will take a while of looking like nothing is happening. I don't know what the notification light is like on that phone. But on mine, after probably 20 minutes of nothing while charging... the charging light started to flash (indicating that it is charging, but not yet ready to be turned on), once the light was solid on, turned the phone on no problem.

Nov 30, 2013 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

I got my phone wet

Turn it off immediately and remove the battery. Put it inside a container and add uncooked rice to absorb moisture. Leave it there for 24 hours. After that, try turning it back on.

If that won't work then it means there are pars that was damaged and you need to bring it to a repair shop.

Oct 10, 2012 | LG VX5500 Cell Phone

1 Answer

I Phone was washed in clothes washer

Wet Cell Phone
Immediately remove the phone from the water,turn off the cell phone remove the battery and SIM card. When you have driedthe cell phone by putting in a warm sunny place for several days or in front ofa warm fan heater for several hours then reassemble the phone. Hopefully itwill work properly but if does not work then it is faulty and you need a newcell phone.

Jul 08, 2012 | Apple iPhone 4S

1 Answer

My phone battery died. I plugged it in to charge and now it won't turn back on.


if you did not anything else then connect it on charger and the phone was fully functional before you did this, then try removing the battery and put it back. I don't think that it could be just damaged.

One more thing that it could be... leave the phone on charger for few hours if the phone was lying in a drawer, then it could be that battery was to empty to be able to charge it immediately.

If nothing of this help, try putting working battery in your phone and see if it works. If it works, then you need a new battery, otherwise something else is wrong with the phone.

Kind regards

Jan 04, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry? Tour 9630 Smartphone

1 Answer

I accidentally washed my husband's phone. The


This is a link that helps to recover a wet phone back to a working phone.

I advice you follow the link and all the advice the link will provide you to save your phone from complete damage.

Type the link on your web browser and send, it will bring procedure on how to save your wet phone.

Follow the above link, it is very informative on how to save a wet phone.

Take care.

May 01, 2010 | HTC Verizon XV6700 Cellular Phone

4 Answers

LG Dare water damage

how long has your phone been in rice? 2 days? that is how long it is supposed to be in rice. you could try recharging the battery for how ever long it takes for it to load. but those phones are pretty delicate so unfortunately there is a good chance its gone.

Jun 27, 2009 | LG Dare VX9700 Cell Phone

2 Answers

Washed my nokia 6300

try to use a cool hair dryer not hot maybe it will work

Jun 06, 2009 | Nokia 6300 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

My teenage son accidentally washed my Samsung SPH-M300 mobile phone with his clothes in the laundry,now it is dry and all it displays is "offline mode" with a satellite dish spinning in the...

Unfortunately, it's done. Once something like that happens, it is very unlikely that it will work properly after that. Especially given what it is showing. Water and electronics don't work too well together.

In the future, if a phone gets wet immediately take the battery out. Put it in a tupper-ware bowel of uncooked white rice for about 5-7 days, then pop the battery back in. The uncooked rice will draw the moisture from the phone. However, after fulling being washed, it is most likely done.


Nov 20, 2008 | Samsung Cell Phones

1 Answer

Washed my samsung wafer cell phone. will replacing battery make it work again

Most likely you will need to do more than that, as there will be condensation and moisture trapped inside your phone. Moisture + electronic circuits = bad news. Try this... it sounds really wacky but it often works: put your phone in a box full of uncooked rice, completely covering the phone on all sides. Leave it in the rice for a good 12-24 hours. Rice wicks away the moisture inside sensitive electronics. After 12-24 hours, turn it on and see what happens. Good luck!

Apr 17, 2008 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Washed my phone

your lucky the phone turns on - it is water damaged - if you want to fix it try to buy a broken one from ebay to get the parts.

Jan 19, 2008 | Samsung SYNC SGH-A707 Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone Logo

60 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Cell Phones Experts

Scott Fryer

Level 2 Expert

80 Answers

Steve Sweetleaf
Steve Sweetleaf

Level 3 Expert

1128 Answers

Jeremy Murray
Jeremy Murray

Level 2 Expert

127 Answers

Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides