Question about PC Desktops
Your post/description refers to delayed recorded audio when recording a TV program using the Pinnacle TV PCI Adapter.
If this is not a hardware issue, this problem could possibly be corrected by any combination of:
1. increasing your memory;
2. verifying that your hard disk: has sufficient free space and regularly defragged, clean your Temp and Temporary Internet files;
3. increasing your swap file size (roughly equal to or double your memory);
4. installing the latest drivers for your motherboard & devices as well as necessary updates to your Operating System ;
5. increasing the Graphics Aperture Size to double your video card's memory & PCI Latency Timer to 255 in your BIOS/CMOS (if available);
6. verifying that no other programs are running when doing the recording;
7. verifying that you have no IRQ sharing/conflict; and
8. verifying that you have the latest Direct X.
Should it be a hardware issue, clean, reinstall, replace as the case maybe. The old Pinnacle works except delayed recorded audio, the new is not recognized. Try again the old with the above corrective measures. With the new, try again after cleaning the PCI slots, if it still doesn't work, ask for replacement.
Hope that this be of help/idea. Pls post back how things turned out or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards.
Posted on Nov 29, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2010 | Dell Dimension™ E510 PC Desktop
Jun 13, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
Apr 26, 2009 | PC Desktops
Jan 28, 2009 | Dell Dimension 4550 PC Desktop
Oct 17, 2008 | PC Desktops
Aug 08, 2008 | E-Machines PC Desktops
May 23, 2008 | Pinnacle PC Desktops
May 08, 2008 | PC Desktops
Nov 15, 2007 | PC Desktops
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!