a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you should be able to get into service via trouble reset hold utility button while turning on copier when you get to trouble reset screen do the stop 0 stop 0 1 and that should get you in. You might need to put the stock firmware on to cure the fault. If you need anymore help i can look into it for you.
There are language settings. Go to the main menu and rotate through to the pliers/screwdriver icon. (settings) Click the right button to select the icon with two sliding tabs. (device settings) Scroll down 4 selections to language selection. Select English.
When you say writing, I assume you mean the language on the printer's display. Here's a step by step guide (since I assume you can't read the Japanese).
Press the blue Checkmark button to access the menu system. Press the down area twice which will give you access to the configuration menu. Press the Checkmark button to select this menu. Press the down arrow twice to access the system setup menu. Press the Checkmark button to select this menu. Press the down arrow 13 times (you can just keep pressing it until it gets to the bottom. It won't go any farther than the last entry) to get to the very last entry which is language.Press the Checkmark button to select this menu. The languages will be displayed in their native scripts. The first one is English. Press the Checkmark button to select English. And you are done. Press the U shaped arrow to get back to the main menu.
My Canon Mp600 has reset itself in Japanese about 4 times over the last 18months, so I now keep a set of instructions taped to the side of the printer. Switch on the printer and get it to the home setting by pressing the HOME button and press buttons as follows:
1. Press the RIGHT arrow on the central wheel until you get the SETTINGS option (spanner & screwdriver icon). Press OK.
2. Press the RIGHT arrow on the central wheel once to select the slider icon on the right hand side. Press OK.
3. Press the DOWN arrow on the central wheel FOUR times. Press OK.
4. Select ENGLISH from the list of languages. Press OK.
5. Attached these instructions to your printer so you have them to hand next time it goes Japanese!!
1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the product. 2. Press and hold the Cancel and Color Copy buttons simultaneously on the control panel.(My color button was the green button) 3. While still pressing the buttons, reconnect the power cord to the back of the product. 4. Continue pressing the buttons until the display goes blank or Reset shows on the control panel display. 5. If the product automatically turns off, turn it on. 6. When prompted, select the correct language and country/region, and then press the OK button. Press the OK button again to confirm the selection.
NOTE: Some products might have a promotional sticker on the control panel display. Make sure that any stickers are removed from the control panel display before troubleshooting this issue.
If you have completed all the steps listed above and are still experiencing a problem, service the product.
These directions were copied from the following url:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01368025&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3192753&tmp_track_link=ot_search Solution NOTE: Some products might have a promotional sticker on the control panel display. Make sure that any stickers are removed from the control panel display before troubleshooting this issue.
Issue: How do I change the
language setting of the LCD? Solution:
Change the display language settings (MP170)
LCD Appears in Japanese (or other foreign language)
Upon powering on the machine for the first time, the LCD will prompt to
select a display language. If a language other than English is selected, the
setting can be changed by following these steps.
Ensure the machine is powered
Press the <Menu> button
as many times as necessary to display [SYSTEM SETTINGS].
From the Copy mode
standby screen, press <Menu> 7 times.
From the Scan mode
standby screen, press <Menu> 1 time.
From the Memory card mode
standby screen, press <Menu> 6 - 12 times.
Use the right arrow twice to
select [OTHERS] and then press the <OK> button.
Use the right arrow three
times to select [LANGUAGE SETTING] and then press the <OK> button.
Use the right or left arrow
to select the appropriate language and then press <OK>. Choose from
the following language settings.