Question about Norton Internet Security 2005 (37648246941) for PC
I have a problem with my wireless internet connection. I am advised by Belkin to contact you re my firewall or anti virus protection? cam you help?
You have not mentioned the issues that you are facing with the wireless connection, however as Belkin has suggested you to contact the Antivirus or firewall company, i will try to provide you the details as what you can do for this.
As i do not know which Antivirus and Firewall program you are using, i will give you the solution in General.
-First of all to determine that whether the issues you are facing are actually because of the Antivirus or Firewall, you can disable both for few minutes and check whether the issue still persists or not.
- To disable then, you need to find the icon for the same at the bottom right corner of your screen ( Next to the Time ), Make a right click on that and you shoud get an option like "Exit, Disable, Quit", once you click on that you should be able to disable the same.
- Now try your wireless and check whether the issue still persists as the Antivirus Firewall is Off at the moment.
- If the wireless is working fine, than it seems that the Antivirus/Firewall utility is blocking few options of the wireless. To rectify this you need to open the options of the programm and find out whether the internet/wireless application is blocked or not.
- To open the options you can open the program from the start menu or you may click the icon if present on the desktop or you may right click on the icon present at the bottom right corner ( next to the time )
- Check all the tabs and find out where it displays a list of programmes that are blocked. You might see a check mark in front of Internet Explorer/Wireless/Internet or a related program. Uncheck if you find something similar and apply the settings.
1. Just to mention that when you turn off the Antivirus or firewall your computer may be at a risk on Internet attacks.So if you choose to do it do it for a limited time.
2. Whenever you restart your computer the anti virus or the firewall program turns on by itself.
I have tried to provide the solution on the basis of the information provided. Hope that this should resolve the issue that you are facing.
Posted on Nov 28, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
on Mar 13, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 25, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Feb 22, 2010 | Gateway Belkin F5D7230-4 802.11g Wireless...
Dec 12, 2009 | Sony VIAO P4 PCV-RS712 3.0GHz 512MB 200GB...
Nov 20, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Nov 04, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Jun 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 19, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: