Question about ASK Proxima Proxima DP2000S Data Video Projector ( DP-2000S, DP 2000S ) Multimedia Projector
We have had our X2 for about 3.5 years and not changed the bulb out.
Within the last two weeks, a vwrtical white line, about 2 inches wide, has appered in the center of the image.
It appears after about 10 minutes of usage.
Is this a bulb issue or is this an issue with the projector itself? I do not use the projector for regular televison watching, only movies and random gaming. It is hanging upside down from the ceiling, so it is not bumped or banged regularly.
I have a Dell 2400MP projector that had the same problem of vertical white lines appearing over the screen.
This may seem like a simple solution, and I don't know if this will work for you, but the way I solved the problem was simply to press the bottom side of the projector, until the white lines disappear . Until now, the problem has yet to resurface.
Here's some simple steps:
1. Turn on projector
2. Connect projector to computer
3. Focus projector
4. If white vertical line appears, firmly press underside body of projector
5. See if vertical white line disappears
6. If not, try slowly pressing other parts of the body of the projector and see if white lines disappear.
7. If solution doesn't work, you may need to send it to the service center.
Hope this solution works for you.
Posted on Oct 29, 2008
When there is a single solid vertical or horizontal lines in the image it is an indication that either:
1) There is an issue in the DMD elastomer (socket the DMD sits into)
2) Cable Connection Issue between the Engine/DMD and the Main ECA where the TI DMD Control devices reside
3) Potentially multiple defective DMD pixels (cluster) this is where mulitpole pixels go bad side by side. When this occurs it cause the entoire row or column to display as a solid line (off state). If this is the case the solution is replacment of the DMD chip itself which is costly.
Posted on Nov 19, 2008
This is a common Mainboard problem on Projectors.
The only way to get rid of it would be to replace the Mainboard or have it repaired.
Must warn you that it could turn out to be a expensive exercise !
Posted on Mar 26, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 14, 2018 | Mitsubishi Televison & Video
Mar 07, 2017 | Garden
Aug 14, 2009 | InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 Multimedia...
Feb 07, 2009 | Dell E207WFP LCD Monitor
Jan 16, 2009 | Mitsubishi LT-40133 40 in. LCD HDTV
Oct 20, 2008 | Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S700 Digital Camera
Oct 18, 2008 | Panasonic Televison & Video
2,332 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: