Question about Printers & Copiers
My Okidata C5150n kept jamming and we couldn't clear the jam. Couldn't find any paper to remove anywhere. I ended up turning it off and turning it back on at which point, we received a 040:Fatal Error Call Service. We can't get beyond that. Any suggestions?
Your asking a bit much
1) - Power ON printer while holding both the + & - buttons until “OKIUSER” message appears in LCD.
2) - Press + or – button until “ENGINE DIAG MODE” is displayed.
3) Press "ENTER", displayed will be "DIAGNOSTIC MODE XX.XX.XX S-MODE"
4) Press + or – button until “NV-RAM INITIAL” is displayed.
Half way, dont stop too long it will time out....
5) Press "ENTER" again.
6) Will appear "TABLE 1" message.
7) Press "ENTER" until "EXECUTING RESET" message appear. ...............the "NV-RAM INITIAL" message will BLINK.
Tada....This procedure reset TONER, DRUM, FUSER and BELT...life counts
8) power OFF printer, wait 10 sec, and power ON again..
To access Service Mode in C9300 power ON printer with 0, 1, 6, 7 at same time...you can do some good damage in there!! (I warned ya!)
Resetting consumables for OKI C7300,C7500,C9300 printer I think!
1. Hold buttons 0 + 1 + 6 + 7 on startup.
2. Press button 0 several times until "DIAGNOSTIC MODE xx.xx.xx" shows.
3. Hold buttons 2 + 3 until "ENGINE DIAG LEVEL 4" shows.
4. Press button 1 to scroll to "COUNTER SET".
5. Press button 2 to scroll through menu items (button 6 scrolls backwards)
6. To alter the value of an item, first press button 3 to select the digit to be altered. The selected digit will slowly flash. (Button 3 moves to the right through the digits. Button 7 takes you to the left.)
7. Then press button 2 to increase the value of the selected digit. Press button 6 to decrease the value.
8. When the changes have been made hold buttons 1 + 3 + 5. The screen will flash three times and then an * will appear on the right of the screen. The new value is set.
9. To leave the counter set menus, turn the printer off.
Each colour toner counter shows life as percentage used. So a toner showing 30% has used up 30% of its toner. 100% would indicate a near empty toner. This is the reverse of the toner life shown from the "usage menu" when the printer is in normal operation, which shows the toners as a percentage life remaining. You will want toner showing 00%. note:this is oposite of what you see in user mode
Some models exhange these steps
3) HOLD 0 + 4 "ENGINE DIAG LEVEL 2" shows
4) Press 1 to cycle to "fuser unit"
5) 2 to scroll to TONER
REST IS SAME WE WANT TO SET WHAT i GUESS IS AT 100% TO 0%.
Posted on Nov 19, 2007
Ther is some tiny little paper piece left in the machine! You will find it at the left hand side near the gear wheels ;-)
Posted on Jun 15, 2008
SOURCE: oki 5250 380 paper jam
Sometimes you will find debris has fallen into the printer. Take off back to clean it out. Something as small as a staple can create this problem.
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
Try unplugging the printer from power, (Turned off of course) Wait 5 minutes, plug the printer back in. Now open the case like you're going to clear a paper jam, or change ink cartridges. Close the case. Press the Power On button of the printer.
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
A 020 error is the TNY on the controller board. If you take the controller board out (it's the board that the usb/network cable plugs into). You find 2 banks. Ones for memory, the other bank is your prom board they refer to as a TNY.
Call Okidata, order a TNY for the C7300, probably bout $130.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 28, 2011 | OKI C6100n Laser Printer
Oct 10, 2010 | Epson PictureMate 500 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 14, 2010 | OKI C5500n Printer
Jan 03, 2010 | OKI C3400n Laser Printer
Oct 28, 2007 | Samsung SCX-4100 All-In-One Laser Printer
Dec 03, 2006 | OKI C5100n Laser Printer
164 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!