Question about Speakers & Subwoofers
There is a constant loud buzzing when I turn my subwoofer on (regardless of whether there is anything playing). Any thoughts on how to fix it?
If it's not interference or a ground problem it might be a bad amp. I have the same sub and not only did I have the buzzing, but also a noticable "whacking" sound instead of smooth bass. I found an online seller who at the time just happened to have obtained some surplus Cerwin Vega amps that fit perfectly. Paid $60 shipped. Problem solved.
Posted on Feb 23, 2008
Generally, a buzz from your sound equipment indicates some sort of nearby EMI. The normal culprits and.or possible fixes that I've found are:
- Remove any other electronic devices plugged into the same outlet as your subwoofer
- If the woofer is on a power strip/surge protector, remove it and plug directly into the wall
- If there are any nearby wireless devices (cordless phiones, WiFi eqiupment), disconnect/power down them
- Try connecting different speaker wire between the woofer & the receiver
- Try turning off all other eletronic equipment with the exception of your receiver
Let me know if any of these help and good luck!
Posted on Nov 27, 2007
I also had a problem with buzzing on my eltax atomic a8 weather the amp was switched on or off.
i followed many solutions and the one that worked was isolating the earth pin on the plug.
now not even a hum
Posted on Mar 06, 2008
There is too much electrical feed back coming from your earth, you can install a line level filter, or get an electrician to do it. Or you can remove the earth pin on your subwoffer.
I have done this to many subwoffers and it worked every single time.
Posted on Dec 13, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Speakers & Subwoofers
May 04, 2014 | Cerwin Vega LW12 Subwoofer
Jan 05, 2011 | Cerwin Vega V-10S Subwoofer
Sep 09, 2010 | Cerwin Vega VE-28S Subwoofer
Dec 23, 2009 | Cerwin Vega HTS15A Subwoofer
Oct 09, 2007 | Cerwin Vega V-10S Subwoofer
Oct 23, 2016 | KLH Speakers & Subwoofers
1,749 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!