Set up disc
This is the answer I got from HP. Hope it helps a bit.....This is Angela from HP All-in-One E-Mail Support Team.
From your Email, I understand that you want to install the software for HP PSC 1410 All-in-One. I also acknowledge that you have lost the software CD.
Daniel, I am afraid to inform you that, Microsoft has stopped providing and supporting certain files related specifically to Windows 98 SE, and this change affects all technology companies. HP, along with other technology companies, is no longer able to use selected components in support of Windows 98SE, which has an impact on our software strategy for Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, and Windows Me. Hence, we don't have specific software for Windows Me. In this case, please install the alternate drivers to perform the basic functionality like print.
==Install alternate drivers==
Please perform the below steps to install the alternate drivers.
The steps for installing the alternate driver is as follows.
1. Go to Start, Settings, and click Printers. In Windows XP, choose Start, Control Panel, and then select Printer and Faxes.
2. Double-click the Add Printer icon. Click Next.
3. If it asks Local or Network, choose Local, then click Next.
4. In the Manufacturers list, choose HP.
5. In the Printer list, choose the HP Deskjet 870 (Choose 870C) printer, then click Next.
6. Choose LPT1 as the port, then click Next.
7. The printer name should be listed as HP Deskjet 870 Printer.
8. Click No on Do you want your Windows based programs to use this printer as your default printer? Then click Next.
9. Click No when it asks, Would you like to print a test page (recommended). Then click Finish.
Configure the alternate printer driver :
1. In the Printers Window, right-click the icon for HP Deskjet 870 printer.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Details Tab.
4. Click the down-arrow where it says, Print to the Following Port, and select DOT4_00x port that the all-in-one software created. The all-in-ones model number should appear as part of the port destination.
5. Leave the HP Deskjet 870 printer identified as using the following driver, and click Apply.
6. Close the Printer Properties window.
Print using the alternate printer driver :
1. Go to Start, Programs, Accessories, and click WordPad.
2. Type: This is a test. 3. Click File, Print.
3. Click the down-arrow by Printer Name and choose the HP Deskjet 870 printer.
4. Click OK. The printer should print: This is a test.
5. If you wish to try the alternate printer driver as a troubleshooting step for an issue with a particular software program, try printing from that program with the HP Deskjet 870 printer driver now. In most programs, you would open the program, create a document, click Print, choose the HP Deskjet 870 printer as the printer name, and click OK to print. (Some programs may have slightly different steps.)
Check the printing functionality and please reply with the observations and the results.
If you need further assistance , please feel free to reply us. It is our responsibility to serve our esteemed customers like you in the best possible way. We appreciate your support and cooperation.
This is the answer I got from HP regarding installation of thr printer function only.I don't know if it will help you. But I lost my installation cd to it too.
Apr 09, 2008 |
HP PSC 1410 All-In-One InkJet Printer