Question about Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Hi, as soon as I put the hose nozzle on the vacuum stops. It rins ok until you put a bit of obstruction in front of the aspiration hole. I have checked the bag,it is new, the filter is also new, I just do not know what can make it die like this.
Thanks for your help.
Ok i found a solution for my Electrolux Epic 6000 which had the exact same symptoms as you describe. I fixed it by disabling the "bag full sensitivity adjustor" (BFSA for short, for the lack of a better term). For that i opened the case, removed the hose that was preventing me from opening complety the casing, unscrewed the transaparent BFSA mechanism.
Here's the walkthrough:
- Open the case: Open the top part of the vacuum (where the bag is)
- Remove the 2 side rubber by sliding them from the back to the front of the vaccuum
- Remove the "plastic cap" at the end of the vacuum (you can slightly lift the vacuum top part to make it easier)
- Now unplug a small air hose to be able to open the case completely.
- Find the BFSA device and unscrew it.
- Now give your vacuum a try... it worked for me.
Posted on Aug 10, 2008
Check the air filter which is at the air output (blower) part of the canister, under the part where the attachments are stored.
Posted on Jan 08, 2008
You probably have a clog somewhere, also there is a vacuum switch close to the motor, check that. Those machines cut off if the vacuum pressure drops due to an obstruction.
Posted on Nov 27, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2016 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Dec 28, 2015 | Electrolux Vacuums
May 12, 2015 | Electrolux Vacuums
Nov 18, 2010 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Sep 15, 2010 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Dec 05, 2009 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Oct 11, 2009 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Aug 09, 2009 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Nov 29, 2007 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
Oct 24, 2015 | Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum
1,093 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: