Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
I tried to format it several times and each time it was unsuccessful, it kept some unknown files which are not deletable. Then the last time I tried to format it, it didn't delete anything and when I try to play it, I can see the songs on screen, but all of them are 0:00 seconds long (meaning nothing) and don't play anything.
I appreciate your help!
I have guys, I just spoke with the Sansa representative. Even if you have Windows Vista, you do not need a drive for e260 given that Vista carries that drivers for it. If you have tried the steps above, but you Sansa still did not format successfully after using the recoverty tool. This is what you do:
Set you Sansa e260 in recovery mode
- set it to hold
- hold rec
- connect to computer while you are holding rec
- device should be now in recovrey mode
- go to my computer
- go to the folder 16B format
- you will see a text file
- don't worry about
- add a new folder and name Sansa.fmt
- wait up to 2 minutes
- message on your device should say formatting
- wait a few minutes for formatting to take place
- stop the device by removing it safely using windows Safely device removal tool on bottom right corner of your screen
- disconneting your Sansa and you should see a message upgrade finished, Sansa has been restored or something like that
- Power your Sansa on, and Bwala!!! your Sansa is back to normal.
Posted on Oct 07, 2008
Run the recovery tool from the SanDisk website. Make sure you select "format" when prompted.
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds)
- Slide the hold switch into "hold" position.
- Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
Best of Luck.
Please RATE my solution at the bottom.
Posted on Nov 27, 2007
I've put the button on hold and pressed the rec button and plugged my sansa e260 back in and it say USB cable connected Enter USB2.0 MSD Mode, so I unplug it and it says Upgade finished Resetting the system and it still goes back to Load main image failed Switch to recovery mode. I've even downloaded the new sansa update and nothing, my media player won't read it either. I saw where they said to go to my computer click on 16mb-format and copy sansa fmt. to virson, I have not the slightest clue how to do this. Also does the e260 have to have a memory card in order for this to work?
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
I have question
i tried many times to put videos in my sandisk sansa
but it ain't working
what should i do
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jul 01, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
May 08, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jan 15, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jan 11, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
2,355 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: