Remot control is runing ok but the main box is not responding to any comand.
I can turn it on only by pushing a smal emergency button on the main box.
Than it automatic heat & temp.
I em from Dubrovnik-Croatia and we dont have AKAI servis 100m radius
Thanks in adwans!!
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: it is not responding
This is one of the best solution to do, look for unit
who have same model as your unit( to your friends or neighbors) and test
your remote control. If it wont work in another unit with same model then the remote
control is defective, but if it works then its the receiver.
But try this solution first, if there is a reset button in your remote try to
reset it then try the remote to your unit.
Note: sample only(reset button can be found either infront or at back of the remote control inside the battery compartment.)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
take the remote and put it in front of your cell phone.turn on the camera of your phone and push the buttons of the remote.if you see a light in your phone the remote is ok and then the eye of the pc board(is a small plate)has problem.
Use your cellphone or any digital camera as your eyes by pointing the camera to the remote control transmitter. Light should emits on the remote control receiver. If no lights means defective remote control. But if lights emits means that either the receiver board or the main board is defective.
Try also the rst or reset button if present. Reset and try the remote.
Check your remote control by using a camera or cellphone camera as your
eyes to confirm if the remote control is ok. Point the remote control
transmitter to your camera and check if a light emits in your remote
control transmitter. If no light then the remote control is defective,
but if the light is present then the remote is ok and the unit
receiver board itself is defective.
Check also if there is a reset or rst button on the remote control, press the button and test the remote.
Here is the troubleshooting guide for your unit. Hope this helps.
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE TROUBLESHOOTING Symptom Remedy 1. Remote does not turn on system - Check and replace remote batteries if the display fades while any button is activated or no display is present. - Point remote towards IR receiver during transmission. 2. System does not turn on, no green LED & no beep - Check wiring. (see "installation instruction") - Check modular cable to receiver. - Check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box. 3. System does not turn on even when receiver green LED is on. - Low or over voltage condition, check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box.
4. Fan runs but no cold air. - Evaporator temperature sensor reaches low limit, defrost mode. - Check diagnostic LED status in the upper unit control box. 5. System runs continuously in the cool mode - Remote was set for "I feel" mode and is left in a heated environment (sun etc.) 6. System runs continuously in the heat mode - Remote was set for "I feel" mode and is left in a cool environment
1. Diagnostic LED (green) (Note: Located on the control board in the upper unit control box.) a) The LED is on when the 12VDC is adequate and communications are present. b) The LED is flashing fast and steady when in the freeze mode. Evaporator has frozen and the freeze proctection switch is engaged. c) The LED is flashing slow and steady when the delay on break timer is activated. d) The LED is flashing 1 cycle on and off for one second with high or low 12VDC. Check the incoming 12VDC power for OK. e) The LED is flashing 2 cycles on and off for one second with a communication problem. Problem with the control board in the unit and the remote.
Try replacing the battery but if it wont work you need to replace the remote control itself, but for the main time you can operate the unit by pressing the emergency switch button to operate the unit manually.
Some some remote control have RST or RESET button, you have to push this every time you change the battery or for malfunction remote control. You can find this either in front of remote control or at the back of the remote in battery compartment.
- Check if the battery is ok. - Some remote control have reset button, you can find it at the front or back at the compartment of the battery push the rst button with pin or ballpen to reset it and try. - Some remote control have selector switch in both remote control and at the board inside the unit. Try to transfer the switch button from A to B and also at the board inside the unit and reset the remote control and try.Or need to reconfigure the remote control to select the frequency. - Try your remote control to other unit with same brand as yours to confirm if your remote control is really need a replacement. If it works then your receiver board in the unit is need a replacement. Or if wont work then you have to buy a new remote control. But if you have no budget then try to switch on the unit using emergency button to operate the unit.