Question about Whirlpool Washing Machines
The drum and liner are out of the cabinet machine now, but the water still are there; please the water has to be there o how can i drain it;on the botton of the liner i can see 5 hold sealed with a hard round plastic; look like was fill with water and after was sill; thatis thru?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Yes your machine will not spin if the water cannot drain... I do not have the machine in front of me but I would presume to think that you have a blockage in the water pump (or drain pump)
There is a normally a small pvc or plastic filter just before the pump and this would stop most big things entering the pump.. if not there could be a coin or button stuck in your pumps impeller.
Unfortunately if you are not technically inclined you will find it hard to access and open the pump otherwise just open the back plate on the machine (after removing the power socket from the wall) the pump is located at the bottom left and fairly easy to remove and open the plastic casing.
If this does not solve your problem please give more info........
Posted on Feb 20, 2008
probably rubber hose from tub to pump broke, access from back or bottom, (cabrios are open bottom) pump in rear. there is a recent bulletin about tub ring not channeling water from dispenser completely into tub
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
1. Unplug and take off the top of the washer. There are two pressure clips in the front inside the crack between the top and body of the washer. Use a stiff putty kniff to depress the clips and flip the top up out of the way.
2. Pry the top plastic shroud off the tub. There are a series of plastic retainers clips around the shroud. Pry them up and remove the shroud.
3. On the small agitator on the bottom of the washer, use your putty knife to remove the domed plastic cap in the center. Pry it up with the corner of the knife to expose the nut.
4. Use a socket wrench to remove the center nut. It will likely take a good deal of force to loosen it.
5. Once you have removed the center nut, get another person to help you lift the stainless steel inner tub out of the washer. Place it aside.
6. In the bottom of the outer plastic tub, you will find the shirt (or other garment) caught in the drain. Remove the screws on the top of the plastic drain cover, and lift up the drain cover.
7. Remove the stuck item(s). For all the coins and small part that have fallen into the drain tub, you may have to open up the back of the washer and remove the drain hose to access the items in the drain. Luckily the drain hose is held on with cheap hose pressure clamps, so you can do this relatively easily.
8. Call or email whirlpool and tell them that the washer is pulling clothes into the space between the inner and outer drums. They will respond by telling you they have never heard of this problem before and if you need service, call "A&E Factory Service toll-free at (800) 771-3029."
9. Be frustrated and vow never to buy a Whirlpool product again.
Hope this helps
Posted on May 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 14, 2017 | Whirlpool Wtw8800yw Cabrio Series 4.6 cu....
Sep 05, 2012 | Whirlpool WTW6400SW Cabrio Washer
May 30, 2012 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
May 04, 2012 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Dec 18, 2010 | Whirlpool WTW6400SW Cabrio Washer
Ld error indicates long drain and flashes when the
water level will not change even after the drain pump is on. To resolve this
please make sure that the drain hose is not clogged and the pump is working. To
gain access to the drain pump you can lay the machine on its front then remove
the drain hose and replace the pump if the impeller has gone bad. Please post a
comment if need more help.
Oct 31, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Aug 05, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
May 03, 2010 | Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBT Top Load...
Oct 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Aug 02, 2009 | Whirlpool WTW6200S Top Load Washer
27 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!