Question about Sharp Televison & Video
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Blinking power light.
i hve the same problem. I turned on my Sharp Aquos lc-32d62u HDTV last night for the first time, but it is black and a blinking green light.
did you find a solution?
Posted on Apr 11, 2008
i was having these same problems with the screen going black, and i found that when i hit the back of my tv it would work sometimes. so, i improvised on some of the advice on this page and so far no problems. here is what i did (its very easy):
1. lay the tv on the floor and take off the back panel. (i think 12 screws)
2. on the right side of the tv (as you are looking at the back) you will notice a large metal covering that is held in place by 6 screws. unscrew these and remove the metal cover.
3. you will notice that the three screw holes on the left side of the board have some sort of metal or solder around them, in sort of a star pattern. when i looked closely i noticed that most of the metal (solder) was tarnished, or kind of blackened. (this must mean that the ground screws werent getting a good connection and this would explain why it would work sometimes when i hit it because it would vibrate the screws enough to get a good connection! )
so, take a pencil eraser and erase all the black or tarnish off the metal surrounding the screw holes. thats it! (to be safe i took some sandpaper and cleaned up the screw holes on the back of the metal covering, but i dont know if that was necessary)
at this point i followed another gentleman's advice to do a hard reset. this involved unplugging the 8 connections although i dont know if this was really necessary because i believe my problem was a ground issue. i did it just to be safe. his advice is on this site if you want to do this step.
4. i put everything back together and it worked! i performed a soft reset at this point which puts your tv back to factory settings. just go to menu>setup>reset>return to factory settings? yes
this will turn your tv off and back on. that's it. so far so good for me.
Posted on Dec 18, 2008
Right now your TV is in " Protection Mode " because of a failed part inside. The blinking red light is a error trouble code. Only someone with the actual Service Manual for the TV will know what the code means. Most likely the TV has a power supply related problem. It's possible that it maybe a bad capacitor or transformer on the power supply board. The most common board to go bad is the Backlight Inverter Board. It what supplies power to the screen. But, I can't say it's 100% the problem because I can't actually look at the tv over the internet. I can only make guesses with the symptoms.
You have a few choices:
1. You can try leaving the TV unplugged for 30 - 45 minutes so the TV can discharge and reset itself.
2. If by chance the TV is still under warranty, go that route.
3. If you have some electronic experience, if you can find and purchase a Service Manual over the internet; It will help you diagnose the source of the problem and fix it by soldering in the new part. The Service Manual will give you red light blinking codes, circuit diagrams, test points, and part# lists.Usually, cost under $20. And most cases the new part cost less than $15.
4. Pay a TV shop to do the repairs. It maybe costly, but get an estimate of how much they will charge. That way you can decide if it worth repairing or replacing the whole TV.
I hope I shed some light on the subject for you.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
This is very common in sharp tvs.U turn it on.U get power on light stable right?U hear a click,one or twice,sometime tv is good right?Sometime POWER light and OPC light flashes?Push the power button on/off couples times will work, picture will come on.If keep trying off/on couples time after POWER and OPC flashes,don't ever stop and never get backlight and picture.Ur Video backlight board is dead must replaced.
Posted on Dec 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 08, 2017 | Sharp Televison & Video
May 02, 2017 | Sharp Televison & Video
Jan 31, 2016 | Sharp LC-32DV22U Widescreen 32-Inch Class...
Jul 01, 2015 | Sharp Televison & Video
Feb 03, 2015 | Sharp LC52LE640U 52 inch 120hz AQUOS LED...
Dec 18, 2012 | Sharp Aquos LC-32G4U 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Aug 06, 2011 | Sharp AQUOS LC-C4654U 46" LCD TV
Mar 10, 2008 | Sharp Aquos LC-42D62U 42 in. LCD HDTV
May 12, 2019 | Sharp Televison & Video
May 10, 2019 | Sharp Aquos Televison & Video
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: