Question about Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Our washer stops on the rise cycle, beeps loudly with the error code F-H. It's hard to figure out how to get it to unfreeze. I've cancelled everything and can get it to then start on the "drain and spin" cycle to at least drain the water down, but I can see the water outlet in the door frame continuing to pour in water. Even when the cycle is through and it says "clothes clean", water doesn't stop. Earlier I went to check the status (no lights, cycle finished), and I opened the door and water poured out. What is happening? (Sears site has no Q&A for service support). Help!
If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and
then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.
• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
- Verify inlet valve operation
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify Drain pump operation
- Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch
• Verify there is not a siphon problem
• Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check all hoses for possible leaks
• Verify pressure switch operation
• Verify flow meter operation
• Verify CCU operation
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2013 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Oct 23, 2012 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Sep 25, 2012 | Washing Machines
Sep 01, 2011 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jul 15, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jan 11, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Feb 22, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Dec 15, 2008 | Whirlpool GHW9100L Front Load Washer
Jul 23, 2008 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 19, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
250 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: