Phone used to charge with car charger, then recently stopped. Thought charger was bad and threw it away. Tried charging with wifes car charger (she has same phone). Does not charge (hers does). It does charge from A/C charger.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. is there lint or some pants pocket debris or dirt inside the charging port on the bottom of the phone? use something non metal that won't break inside, it needs to be thin enough to move around and poke around the bottom, not interfering with the chip that sticks out.
before you do that.. turn off the phone and take out the battery just in case. you don't want to short the charging port, so why risk it.
you can use a thin side wooden tooth pick (not the thick rounded ones, they won't fit), or you can use an unused plastic brush tooth pick that's available at most stores like Walgreens, CVS, Safeway, etc..
2. If nothing comes out, try using a different wall charger adapter that works for your Samsung device. Many cell phones use a 3volt charger that won't work with Samsung smartphones because Galaxy phones need a 5volt charger. The others will just trickle charge it or may not work at all. Also, the cord itself. You can't just use any micro USB charging cable. You need to use one that can push enough electricity to your device. So it has to be a Samsung smartphone compatible one. If you have ruled this out..
3. Is the wall outlet bad? Try a different wall outlet. Example: at the airport we tried all the wall outlets in the same area, none of those charged the device. We thought it could be the charging cable or the adapter that was dead. Then we went to another area in the airport and tried again. This time we were charging the phone fine. Cable and charging adapter were apparently working great.
4. If that's not it.. what happens when you try jiggling the charging cable connected to the phone.. try angling the cable head to the left or right.. does it only charge when in a specific position? it could be the charging cable or the charging port that needs fixing..
5. If that was not the case, and everything you've tried doesn't work, it could just be the charging port on the phone is bad. Bring it to your local cellular repair shop. It should cost around $35 to $50 to fix.
6. If your phone is not worth it to fix it, it might be a better idea to buy a newer model phone. If you can't afford another phone or to fix the port, why not just buy a separate battery wall charger. You can buy a cheap China version to charge your existing battery outside of the phone and then just pop the fully charged battery in when you need to use the phone. I'd recommend charging the battery when you are sleeping.
First, you need to check to see if the problem is with the phone - the battery - or the charger.
If you have a car charger, try to charge the phone with it. If it works, you'll need to replace your home charger.
If the car charger doesn't charge the phone - you'll either need to replace the phones battery or your home charger. (Sometimes the battery will go bad if you use a car charger not made specifically for the phone.)
If you replace your battery and it still doesn't charge you'll need to replace your home charger.
If after you've replaced the battery and the home charger and it still doesn't charge - your problem is with the phone and it will either need to be replaced or repaired.
My guess is that the charging port in your phone has gone bad. By holding it a certain way, you may be reconnecting it just enough to make the connection. Probably have a loose or broken wire inside your phones port. You may also see this is a problem if you try to hook it up to a pc.
Sometimes a bad charger can send a high voltage charge to the phone and fry the charging port on the phone. That is why a lot of the car chargers today have a fuse on them now. So that it will blow the fuse on the charger, instead of frying your phone's charger spot.
Do you have a way of reading the output voltage of the charger?
Normally, the phone will protect itself first. So, its must be your charger that's bad. These aren't warrantied very long so you'll have to go to the phone store and see if you can beg another out of them. Otherwise your normal cost is under thirty dollars.
Sorry for the bad news, but your phone should be okay.
Any other questions just ask using the comment box below.
Have you tried a different plug? Sounds like the plug might be bad. If you have a car charger, and a house charger, I would try both. IF one charges, and the other one doesnt, you have your answer. If you have trouble with both, then either you have 2 bad plugs, or the socket on your phone might be bad. Either way, your local phone dealer can check them out in seconds, and some places won't even charge.
if you plug the charger in and you can see the battery bars going up and down then it is phone problem if the scrren is blank then it is either the charger but if you have a car charger aswell and both chargers worked before then it is probably the phone that has a problem check where the charger plugs in that their is nothing blocking the terminals like fluff or bit of paper check that none of the terminals are bent or coroded if you have used phone in rain they might have got coroded this can be solved by cleaning the terminals on the charging part of the phone but be carefull when you do this not to wreck any thing check the charger make sure nothing bent or blocking the charge the problem with these phone is the pins on the bottom where the charger plugs in these get damaged really easily and they can be replaced but will have to take to phone shop and get repaired hope this is some help to you....................................