- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When the menu is displayed on the LCD monitor,
pressing the LEFT button makes the cursor shift to
the left tab.
When the menu is not displayed on the LCD
monitor, the LEFT button operates as the FLASH
( ) button.
Selecting the flash mode
1. Rotate the MODE DIAL to select a RECORDING mode with the exception of
Movie clip mode.
2. Press the Flash button until the desired flash mode indicator displays on the
3. A flash mode indicator will be displayed on the LCD monitor.
Use the correct flash to suit the environment.
If you have a retractable lens then that could be causing the problem. The beeps is letting you know that it's wrong and it shut off as a safe guard. So the noise you are hearing is the motor and gears for the lens.
EXACT same problem. Tonight I tried to take a picture and heard a loud pop sound but I didn't think it was my camera... anyway it took the picture but didn't use the flash. Later, my sister went to take a picture with the flash and it made the same loud pop noise and now the camera wont work if the flash is on.