- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I CAN FIX IT! There are links that show you how to repair this issue
yourself (but they are not very clear and every thing is very fragile
inside the XBOX 360) or you can contact me via reply on here and we can
discuss the issue further as I recently repaired my XBOX 360 with the
same issues and it works better than when was brand new. It is a heat
sync problem that has to be repaired by someone with indepth electronics
Take the Hard drive off, unplug the power wire from the wall, and plug it in to a different outlet, make sure the RCA (red,white,yellow)cables are still connected from Xbox to TV(or this will give red lights when turned on) and with that done, turn the unit on. Are the lights gone?
u probaly didnt connect one of the three wires to your tv too well try doing that i think that will fix it because i have an xbox 360 too and i had that exact same problem yellow wire red wire and white wire
hello. CAUSE The three flashing red lights may indicate that your Xbox 360 console has experienced a hardware failure. Please read the letter that discusses warranty changes for three flashing red light hardware failures.
If you suspect that you are experiencing this issue, you can submit a console-repair request online. However, before you submit your request, we ask that you first try the following two steps to verify that you are indeed experiencing this issue:
1. When you turn on the console, examine the light on the power supply. The power supply light should illuminate green even if the three lights on the Ring of Light flash red. If the power supply light is not green, please follow the steps that are listed in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
906101 Xbox 360: The power supply light is red 906102 Xbox 360: The power supply light is orange 906103 Xbox 360: The power supply light is not illuminated
2. Turn off the console. Wait 10 seconds, and then turn on the console again to see whether the symptom occurs again. If your console continues to display the three flashing red lights, your console may have to be repaired. For information about how to start the repair process online, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support, and then click Console Repair in the upper-right section of the Web page.
Note: The online console repair service is currently not available in all countries or regions.
If you would rather contact Xbox Customer Support directly, please visit http://www.xbox.com/support/contact for information about how to do this.
* Microsoft XBox 360 Video Game System * Microsoft Xbox 360 Hard Drive (20 GB) * Microsoft Xbox
Yeah, well these is called "The Ring Of Death", which is pretty stupid, keeping in mind it isn't really a ring.
Anyways, out a towel over xbox 360 and leave it for 30 mins, then turn console off, then on
iv noticed that my xbox started flashing red and froze so i turned it off immeditly and felt the connections in the back were really hot and my xbox was really hot so iv moved it to an area where it could get good ventilation and keeps cool. havent had any more problems turning red it blows out alot of hot air out the back it needs to breath.
uh well u got the three red lights of death it sounds like... and i also had those. while im no expert on this stuff, iv seen that u can put ur 360 sideways on a table, wrap it in towels(and i mean like 2 towels, wrap it up completely) and turn it on and leave it on for about 10-15 mins. just make sure a fire doesnt start in those 10-15 mins(believe me you dont want to call the fire company and tell them u started a fire wrapping ur game console in towels), ok then after u done waitin turn it off, unwrap it, and let it sit until it is cool, and try turning it on. it might work, its supposed to work because those three red lights mean that theres a malfunction in the 360 itself, such as wires or sumthin, and extreme heat may melt the wires and fix the problem, how i dont know but theres so many stories of ppl who have pulled it off