Question about Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
You have to change the setting in on your computer. The settings on the printer itself always come in second place. So change the settings in the software on your computer and it will print envelopes without problems.
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
I had a similar problem when I changed to a different make of envelope. the ones that cause the problems are thinner.
Posted on Jan 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2015 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 21, 2012 | Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
• Successful printing on envelopes depends upon the
quality of the envelopes. When selecting envelopes,
consider the following factors:
- Weight: The weight of the envelope paper should
not exceed 90 g/m2 or jamming may occur.
- Construction: Prior to printing, envelopes should
lie flat with less than 6 mm curl, and should not
- Condition: Envelopes should not be wrinkled,
nicked, or otherwise damaged.
- Temperature: You should use envelopes that are
compatible with the heat and pressure of the
machine during operation.
• Use only well-constructed envelopes with sharp and
well creased folds.
• Do not use stamped envelopes.
• Do not use envelopes with clasps, snaps, windows,
coated lining, self-adhesive seals, or other synthetic
• Do not use damaged or poorly made envelopes.
• Be sure the seam at both ends of the envelope
extends all the way to the corner of the envelope.
Envelopes with a peel-off adhesive strip or with
more than one flap that folds over to seal must use
adhesives compatible with the machine's fusing
temperature for 0.1 second. Check your machine's
specification to view the fusing temperature, see
page 82. The extra flaps and strips might cause
wrinkling, creasing, or jams, and may even damage
• For the best print quality, position margins no closer
than 15 mm from the edges of the envelope.
• Avoid printing over the area where the envelope's
Place the side to be printed facing up.
Envelope Preprinted paper Transparency
Punched paper Card stock Letterhead paper
open the direct paper try on top of your A4 paper try by pushing it!
Apr 22, 2011 | Samsung SCX-4828FN All-In-One Laser...
May 15, 2010 | Samsung CLX-3160 All-In-One Laser Printer
Dec 21, 2009 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Apr 10, 2009 | HP Deskjet 6940 InkJet Printer
Feb 10, 2009 | HP DeskJet 9800 InkJet Printer
May 18, 2008 | Samsung CLX 3160fn All-In-One Printer
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!