Question about Philips Magnavox 52MF437S/37 52 in. LCD TV
This phillips Magnavox 26D/32MD251id LCD TX with DVD player is one year old. It will not power up. I tried the manuals suggestion of unplugging it for sixty seconds, same problem.
No, Sound, No Picture, just black screen.
Please help me.
May be the same problem Magnavox is having with their 27MF231d. I found the fix on this site and it took care of the same problem with my set. Not the easiest thing to do, but it worked. If you do not know how to solder, get some help with this one. If you take it to a Magnavox Authorized repair location, they will just replace the bad capacitor with another bad capacitor of the same type and voltage. The problem is they have a 25w capacitor where a 35w capacitor should be. Mine was bulging, with black tar looking stuff coming out of it. It was obviously bad. Follw the instructions below.
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2013 | Sylvania Flat Panel Televisions
Nov 26, 2007 | Flat Panel Televisions
Apr 23, 2010 | Philips Magnavox 52MF437S/37 52 in. LCD TV
Dec 18, 2009 | Flat Panel Televisions
Sep 12, 2009 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF331D 37 in. LCD TV
Mar 19, 2009 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF337B 37 in. LCD TV
Mar 15, 2009 | Philips Magnavox 15MF400T 15 in. LCD...
Apr 16, 2008 | Philips 26MD255V 26 in. LCD TV/DVD Combo
499 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: