Question about Televison & Video
The answer is yes, if all you have to do is to adjust the horizontal hold control (usually located on the back of the TV)
The answer is no (with caveat) if you have to open up the set. This problem occurs when the horizontal oscillator is drifting off its set frequency of 15,750 Hz This can be caused by a component or components changing in value, or the problem could be caused by the loss of or decrease in the amplitude of the horizontal sync pluses within the video signal. Such a loss of amplitude can take place from the output of the Video detector to the Horizontal mixer stage (uses the Video pluses and the Horizontal oscillator to sync the picture). This means that you will be working around a hazardous section of your TV.
The caveat is if you have a background in electronics and you have the proper equipment.
1) schematic diagram of the TV to see where TV test-points are
2) multimeter to measure DC voltages at test points
3) oscilloscope to view waveform patterns in the horzontal section of the TV
4) Signal generator to produce a know good signal into the TV set.
5) Isolation Transformer to connect the TV power plug to to isolate the Tv ground from earth ground and allow proper connectivity for test equipment (plug the unit under test into the isolation transformer and the test equipment into the wall outlet.)
I hope this answers your question,
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 26, 2017 | Vizio Televison & Video
Oct 19, 2017 | Televison & Video
Nov 11, 2010 | Zenith B27A11Z 27" TV
Oct 18, 2010 | Durabrand DU1301 TV
Feb 04, 2008 | Televison & Video
Jan 09, 2008 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV
Jan 15, 2007 | Mitsubishi CS-36509 TV
485 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!