Question about Hunter 30216 3-SPEED FLOOR MODEL Air Purifier
The orange "replace carbon pre-filter" light came on. I replaced the filter wtih a new one, but the light won't go out. Of course I can't find the owners manual or any info on the Hunter sight.
Filter lights on your Air Purifier
One of the best things about your IQAir Air Purifier is that it has warning lights to tell you when to change the prefilter, gas or hepa filters. Of course how long they last depends on your pattern of usage. For the initial 80% of the filter life the control panel will display a green light next to the corresponding filter on the outline of the unit. When the orange light goes on it does not mean that the filter needs to be replaced immediately but that there is 20% of useful life left. IQAir gives you plenty of time and the machine will tell you how many hours you have left. Once the number of hours gets to within a few hours remaining the orange light will then change to red. It is at this time you should change the filter. If you forget to change it and there are no hours left the hours will go into the negative displaying how many hours you have gone over and the red light will change to a flashing red light.
Just in case you have lost the manual like one of our customers, this is how you reset the filter lights:
1. Press the menu button ( 7 times) until you get to where the display says new filter.
2. Press the enter button and hold it down for 3 seconds and a number 1 will be flashing after the words new filter on the display. This flashing number is so you can enter which filter you have changed. Filter number 1 is the pre-filter, filter number 2 is the V-5 gas filter, and filter number 3 is the Hepa filter.
3. You change the number for the filter by pressing the up arrow button.
4. Once you reach the correct filter number you press the enter button and the control panel will display a question mark after the words new filter on the display. Below this it will say, E = Yes M = Cancel. If you wish to cancel the entry so it does not reset a new filter life, simply press the Menu button.
5. If you want it to reset the filter life for the changed filter, simply press the Enter button. Once this is done, the filter light will change back to the green light, which will show the filter has been changed. If you go to the remaining filter life on the control panel for the filter number you just changed, you will now see the remaining life of the filter in hours has been reset.
Posted on Dec 09, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2015 | Hunter 30200 Air Cleaner Purifier Filter...
on Jun 17, 2011 | Air Purifiers
Nov 04, 2013 | Honeywell 52500 HEPA AIR CLEANER
Jul 15, 2012 | 3M Replacement Filter, 9 1/2 x 7 1/4
May 25, 2011 | Honeywell Enviracaire 13520 Air Purifier
The Intelli-Check™ Filter Monitors will indicate replacement of the pre-filter and the
HEPA filter. Depending upon your individual usage (environment and hours used),
you may need to check and replace the filters more or less frequently.
To check Expected Filter Life Usage
When the unit is turned on, quickly press the appropriate filter monitor button. The
pre-filter light will flash up to 3 times and the HEPA filter light will flash up to 4 times,
depending upon how much expected filter life has been used.
1 flash = from new, up to 1/3 expected life used up
2 flashes = between 1/3 and 2/3 expected life used up
3 flashes = between 2/3 and all of expected life used up
Remains on = time to check/replace pre-filter
1 flash = from new, up to 1/4 expected life used up
2 flashes = between 1/4 and 1/2 expected life used up
3 flashes = between 1/2 and 3/4 expected life used up
4 flashes = between 3/4 and all of expected life used up
Remains on = time to check/replace HEPA filter
To RESET Filter Monitor
When the filter monitor light remains on, it is time to check/replace the filter and reset
the filter monitor, if needed. With the unit powered on, press and hold the appropriate
filter monitor button down for approximately 5 seconds until the light turns off.
Depending upon your individual usage (environment and hours
Mar 29, 2011 | Kaz Honeywell Hepa Air Cleaner (50250) Air...
Oct 03, 2010 | Honeywell 50150 Air Purifier
Jun 11, 2010 | Honeywell Enviracaire Elite F300E-1019 Air...
May 04, 2010 | Sun Aire Sun-Aire Air Purifier - Stainless...
Nov 27, 2008 | Hunter 30216 3-SPEED FLOOR MODEL Air...
1,032 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: