Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Interior paint from inside the microwave is falling off, probably into our food. So far, about a quarter-size area. What can be done, and is GE addressing this post-warranty?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 5 Answers

Nothing can be done except rub it down with sand paper and have it re powder coated,more expensive than a new microwave....its the steam that has caused it,such as baked potatoes,stews and soups....hope i helped

Posted on Aug 02, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Arched from recessed area next to light


Your description is a little vague. I am assuming that you are saying that the inside of the unit has black scorching marks near the area that the interior light bulb is housed. If that is the case then the coating on the inside of the microware is compromised. This is usually caused from food particles getting stuck the inside or it has become scratched. When this happens, the microwave will continue to spark in that area, This will result in further black marks and it will cause the entire unit to fail at its most expensive part, sooner. You can take care of this issue by cleaning the interior very well and then paint the inside again with microwave oven paint. It has to be special paint.

Mar 26, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

A paper towel caught fire in my GE Microwave, now it has no power.


Since the inside of the microwave caught fire, the main fuse has blown, there is probably damage to the magnetron "heats food" the interior has been burned, which will bring safety isses into play. I recommend a professional assess the situation on the grounds of cost and safety.

Mar 09, 2012 | GE SpaceMaker Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

The metal is showing inside. The white coating is pealing. Is this dangerous?


The peeling of the white coating inside of the microwave oven is dangerous in terms of creating a fire hazard and potentially contaminating the food you cook within it. This can be prevented by cleaning up all splatters and spills immediately before using the microwave oven again. You can fix the peeling by replacing the microwave oven or repairing it. To repair it, you will have to remove the peeling coating and then repaint the interior of the microwave with paint that is designed for microwaves in general. Though, if you do this, you will have to let the paint dry up for at least 24 hours. I hope this helps you!

Feb 10, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a Danby Designer Microwave, model DMW1153W, 1100 W, and there's a dime sized rust spot on the inside of the microwave, it's along the crease where the back of the microwave is joined to the...


Rust can form from the steam and condensation as you say, and it's a good idea to always cover food and wipe the oven out after using it. You can sand off the bad paint and rust the same way you can on a car, and then touch up the paint if it's a minor amount. Spray paint specifically made for microwave cooking cavities is available. (You don't want to use paint that may have metallic components.) It may be available locally if you have appliance parts stores in your area, and you can find the paint online as well. There's no need to replace the oven just yet, unless you find a good deal on a new one and you're looking for an excuse.

May 31, 2011 | Danby DMW1153 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Paint inside microwave oven bottom is peeling


The oven cavity will probably start to rust where the paint is gone. If you're up to it, sand it and paint it with a color that matches the interior color. Other then colors, there is nothing special about paint inside a microwave.

Jun 20, 2010 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

White bottom panel inside the microwave is peeling in two spots. What can be done if anything?


affected area would need to be sanded and re-painted with microwave paint. repairclinic.com sells the paint

Feb 04, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave is making a loud buzzing noise and there was some charred areas inside on side wall


The loud noise is probably the magnetron makign the noise. The charred areas on the wall are from possible grease or food particles arching and burning the cavity. Alot of times there is a cover on the wall it burns. it would need to be replaced, as well as sand and paint the cavity area that is damaged with m/w grade paint.

Nov 21, 2009 | Thermador MBBS Microwave Oven

1 Answer

COATING ON INSIDE OF MICROWAVE HAS STARTED TO COME OFF, EXPOSING UNDERNEATH SURFACE, IS IT STILL SAFE TO USE AND EAT FOOD COOKED IN IT?


Nothing special in there. As long as the paint is not flaking into the food you are ok, Be aware that bare metal could begin to arc. There is special microwave paint available but it will not match and look bad unless you redo the entire interior.
Eric

Sep 15, 2009 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave


Is there a black or charcol color spray paint that can be used on the inside of the door for a GE microwave

Apr 01, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Not heating the food


sam..vane...two different problems.

Sam...find out if you've got power in the outlet you're using. If not, you've got to check to see if you've got a blown fuse in the unit. Also ...see below.

vane...chances are you have a power issue or the thermosensor which is used for a safety has blown. It is the size of a dime and 3/8 inch thick...black...two wires. You'll probably find it has opened. Found attached inside the control area to the side of the microwave heating area.

Dec 16, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven Logo

249 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1167 Answers

 Larry
Larry

Level 2 Expert

115 Answers

Shekar Avadhani

Level 2 Expert

61 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...