Question about SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
My player is frozen on refresh data so went through all the steps of recovery but after i run the file it says error failed to read version details--tried like 5 times--my player screen says enter usb2.0 msd mode??? how do i change this when its frozen???
The ERROR failed to read version details means that the software is NOT for your device. You have the Rhapsody version, indicated by the word RHAPSODY on the letter R on the back of the device. The firmware is slightly different.
Please copy and paste the following links into your web browser address bar, and then click Go or hit your Enter key. When prompted, choose the option to Save the file to your desktop.
1. Double click on My Computer so that you can see it on your screen.
2. Turn the player off.
3. On the top of the player is a Hold switch, move it to the right (toward the headphone jack) so you see the orange colour.
4. On the left hand side of the player is a Record button, press and hold it while connecting the player to the computer. Continue holding the Record button until you see a new icon under "My Computer" called "16MB FORMAT". Once you see that icon you may release the Record button.
5. Double click the RHAPSODY-184.108.40.206 file you downloaded earlier and open it. You will need WinZIP or WINRAR to "unpack" it. Inside you will see a file named PP5022.mi4 drag this file onto the 16MB Format in My Computer mentioned before.
6. Double Click on the Sansa.rar and open it. Drag the Sansa.fmt file into the 16MB Format as well (this forces the device format and erase all data)
6. Disconnect the player and look at the screen. Several things will be displayed, and when you see Key Lock, System Shutdown, move the Hold switch on the top back to the left.
7. Turn the player on and watch the screen. If you see a Refresh Database Fail error, you will need to follow steps 1-7 again until you do not get the error. If it does not work the first time, it could take up to 3 times for it to work.
Please RATE my solution at the bottom.
Best of Luck.
Posted on Nov 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
on Dec 15, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Oct 11, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Dec 17, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Nov 23, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Sep 08, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Aug 19, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Nov 15, 2006 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: