Question about Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone Expansion Handset
I HAVE tru8885 uniden cordless phones. I loved them before now. My base went out so I bought an identical base. now I am trying to deregister and register all 4 handsets to the new base. I read the manual and followed the instructions. No change. I will say that the handset that came with the new base did work until I desided to start linking the other 3 handsets. Now none of the handsets will register. help
A search of Uniden support only said to call 1-800-297-1023 with handset registration issues. The rep picked up quickly and walked me through the reset procedure. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Remove battery
2. Hold down the * and # buttons and reinsert battery. You should hear a long beep. If not retry. (This is a bit awkward but hold the handset upside down and it's workable)
3. Screen will be blank. Immediately press the right soft menu button.
4. Screen will report that EEPROM is clearing and then state EEPROM Clear Ok
5. Remove battery (yes again)
6. Reinsert battery (this time there's no need to hold down any buttons)
7. Handset will reboot with Welcome screen and then state that phone must be registered (this is the status a handset should be in from the factory)
8. Place handset on base and it will register as normal
Posted on Oct 09, 2009
Get one phone going and call uniden theyre quite helpful.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2009 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
Jul 21, 2008 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
First get new batteries. do go to Radio Shack! Take the original with you and go to Best Buy, Circuit City....Office Max, or Staples and be sure they are IDENTICAL . Voltage and MH (milliamps)
Oct 19, 2007 | Uniden TRU8885-3HS Digital Cordless Phone
Oct 17, 2007 | Uniden TRU8885-3HS Digital Cordless Phone
Sep 17, 2006 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
Jun 21, 2006 | Uniden TRU8885-2 Cordless Phone
Oct 08, 2016 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Telephone...
1,208 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: