Question about Computers & Internet
My computer wont boot up... some orange light blinks at the power button... please help!!!!
Several possibilities here, no quick solution.
1. Could be the graphics card is dead or monitor unplugged. If its a PC and the box has been moved recently, the graphics card could have been dislodged in the slot. In any case check for signs that the computer is continuing with normal startup. Such as HD activity led flashing. If the machine shuts down immediately when you press the on button, it is probably not the graphics card.
2. Motherboard, could be faulty, do you get any beep codes when starting up? It's probably Phoenix BIOS, but there are others. The beep coded for this BIOS are in 3 blocks of 3 beeps. To check if its the motherboard, if it's a PC, power off, open the box, and remove any cards in add on slots, Including memory barettes. Power on again, no beep probably signifies mother board fault, so replace.
3. Could be a faulty add on card such as internal Modem or sound card, so do as above. and try booting without add on cards but with memory in slots.
4. could be a rogue Hard disc or CD/DVD, so take unplug the cabled connecting them to the mother board.
5. Even though the thing lights up, it could still be the power unit and the only way to check this is with another power unit.
Good luck, for further help email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Try reinstalling the OS, I hope this will resolve this issue.
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 16, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Nov 29, 2011 | Dell OPTIPLEX 745 PC Desktop
Jun 08, 2011 | Sony Computers & Internet
Mar 06, 2011 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Aug 10, 2010 | Dell OptiPlex 360 Desktop Computer
Nov 12, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4700 PC Desktop
Oct 30, 2008 | Dell OptiPlex GX280 PC Desktop
Oct 29, 2008 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Sep 16, 2008 | HP Compaq d530c PC Desktop
200 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!