Question about Panasonic Toughbook T8 PC Notebook
PANASONIC TOUGHBOOK CF71
Kindly follow the steps before installing the new Hard drive.
1. Back up all data in the previous hard drive.
2. Make sure you have an OS system disk with you so that you can install the OS in to the new hard drive.
3. Remove the older hard drive. Place the new hard drive in its place.
4. Press F2. The BIOS menu will open up.
5. Select CD/ DVD as the first boot device.
6. Place the CD in the drive and turn off the laptop and turn it on. The system will boot the OS from the CD and install the OS in the new hard drive. The progress will be menu driven so need not worry about any settings later.
7. It might ask you to format the hard drive once again and the proceed with the installation. That must not be an issue. You may proceed with the same.
8. Once the OS is installed it will ask for username settings and date and time and language settings.
This will keep you laptop ready to use but you need to upgarde the drivers.
Visit the manufacturer's website and upgrade the drivers.
I can understand that a 10 GB HDD will not be sufficient to install any programs but woul;d recommend to use the same and use an external hard drive and uninstall the programs which you feel you may not use and back up the software in the external hard drive.
Kindly note that there is no way to transfer OS from the older hard drive to the newer hard drive.
Posted on Aug 02, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2014 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-51 Notebook
Jan 22, 2014 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 Notebook
Nov 08, 2013 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-52 (CF-52ELNBDAM)...
Jan 30, 2013 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-74 (CF-74HCDAZBM)...
Jun 25, 2012 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 Notebook
Aug 27, 2010 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-27 Notebook
May 11, 2010 | Panasonic Toughbook 48 Notebook
Sep 27, 2009 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-51 Notebook
Aug 27, 2008 | Panasonic TOUGHBOOK CF-18 Tablet PC
Jul 23, 2018 | Best Computers & Internet
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: