Question about Maytag 30" Built-In Single Electric Wall Oven - Black
I have the same exact problem and have taken my Maytag oven (30") apart to find the control panel (the whole front face with the buttons) and the control, h1 with is the circuit board/controls with the clock. I wish someone would write back in to say which one of these is the problem. Anyone?
It is the whole front face w/ the buttons. My whole neigborhood has these ovens (same builder, same ovens) and this part lasts about 2-4 years. The part is about $165. You can see it on Home Depot's appliance repair site. It looks like there is nothing electronic, but there is, and it's busted. It is really easy to replace:
1. Turn off the breaker at your house's breaker panel.
2. Verify there is no power to the oven.
3. Open the oven door. Look on the right and left side of the oven. There should be 4-6 screws going from vertical trim pieces of the oven into your cabinets. Your builder may have also put screws from the bottom trim of the oven into your cabinets. Mine did not. Remove these screws.
4. After that, your oven should slide forward out of the cabinet. Pull it about 6 inches out.
5. There are two screws (1/4 inch hex headed screws) holding the front panel to the oven. Remove those.
6.Slide the front panel off.
7. Remove the computer ribbon looking wire from the back of the control panel. It's a strange connection - it should come out effortlessly when done right. The little grey connection that surrounds the wire's entry point stays on the panel, but a wedge is jammed between the grey surround and the wire. You pull the wedge out and the wire comes out...easier than my credit card out of my wallet.
8. Remove the four screws (again, 1/4 inch hex headed screws) connecting the thick, double layered circuit board and clock display from the metal face.
9. The metal face is what you need to replace. Pasted onto the front of the metal face is a super thin button panel, and that's the part that died, and will die again, and again, and again...
Email me for some pictures:
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2013 | Maytag 30" Built-In Double Electric Wall...
Jul 06, 2011 | Maytag 30 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
Jun 10, 2011 | Maytag MEW6530DDS Stainless Steel Electric...
Sep 18, 2010 | Maytag 30" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
May 27, 2010 | Maytag 30 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
Aug 31, 2009 | Maytag 30" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
Jun 03, 2009 | Maytag 30" Built-In Single Electric Wall...
Jun 19, 2008 | Maytag MEW6530DDS Stainless Steel Electric...
241 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: