Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Well there are 2 things you can do, one is to get a DVD laser cleaner disc, and run that through, but make sure you try and find one that is designed for gaming systems, as certain types can just scratch the laser eye. You can also get a bottle of compressed air for cleaning computer cases and such, but make sure it's moistureless air, and not some cheap leaky ****. Just open up the disc drive tray, and stick the nozzle in a couple inches and give it a few gentle blasts of air.
Both of these tricks really only work if it's a dusted up laser or some other dirty internal component that isn't working correctly because of internal dust buildup. If you don't have an older console and or you don't live in a dusty house or area, it's not all that likey that that's the problem. There is also a small risk of doing more damage than good since an improper cleanser disc can damage the laser, and if your not careful with the compressed air, you could potentially do internal damage to the 360.
However, if it's not reading discs anyway, it doesn't really matter if you brick the system by trying either one of these, and niether one requires you to open up the case of the console, so they don't void the warranty.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Xbox 360 wont read disc
Though i fixed the Disc Read Error myself within
an hour but please test the below method at your OWN Risk. Please
also note that microsoft is no longer providing Extended warranty for
Check out this DIY Video Guide,that explains step by step instructions to fix Disc Read Error yourself within an hour. It also provides the money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied. As i fixed my Xbox myself so i thought to share it with you guys.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
SOURCE: xbox 360 does not read discs
Try using a disc cleaning unit on this if that does not work the drive will need to be replaced around $75 bucks these people at www.videogamerepair.com will do the work for you if you do not know how.\
Thanks I hope this information was Very Helpful
Posted on Dec 13, 2009
Your DVD drive's laser is malfunctioning.
You have a few options:
1) Decrease the resistance on the laser to increase power, and it may be able to read the discs again. A guide for that can be found here.
2) If that doesn't work, or you do not wish to do that, you can replace the laser head all together. Replacements can be found on eBay. You can follow this guide to replace the laser head.
3) You can replace the DVD drive completely, but it will require taking the original drive's firmware and putting it on the replacement one. The guide for that can be found here.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Clear the system cache:
1. On the console, go to My Xbox, and then select System Settings.
2. Select Memory.
3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
4. Select Clear System Cache. If Clear System Cache is not available, use the following controller button sequence to clear the system cache: X, X, left bumper,right bumper, X, X Note If you don't see a system maintenance prompt on the screen, try pressing the button sequence again.
Try playing discs without the hard drive in:
1. Turn off your console.
2. Locate the hard drive on your console.
Press the release button on the hard drive and lift the hard drive from the console.
Turn on your console.
3. Try to play a game disc.
If this resolves the problem, you will need to replace the hard drive.If not, do the same thing for your memory units. If it works without them,they may be bad.
Thank you !!
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 11, 2014 | Activision Guitar Hero III: Legends of...
Jun 01, 2011 | EA - Electronic Arts Mercenaries 2: World...
May 26, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Mar 05, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 18, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 22, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Nov 28, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Apr 21, 2015 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
654 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!