I have a Canon MF 4150 printer and have a display language proble
Although the on the machine setting (under language is selected) as English, when you print a document the display language on the screen appears to be German and I cannot understand it. Where can it be adjusted so as we can understand the display language. The operating system is Vista .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To be able to select languages on the control display panel of the imageRUNNER, first you have to flash the machine with the languages that you need. You can do that by installing system software for English language. Then proceed to the the steps below to select the desired language.
To Select the Desired Language:
1. Go to Service Mode, *, 2 and 8, *.
2. Select Copier.
3. Select Option.
4. Select Body.
5. Press the right arrow and scroll to the 3rd screen.
6. Select RMT-LANG. For English, it should read en.
7. To change the language, hit the +/- sign until you find the desired language.
8. Select OK.
9. Then power cycle the machine.
1.Press button to power on the machine.
2.Press button once.
3.Display the [Device settings] screen.
a.Press the right arrow once to select [Maintenance/settings], then press .
b.Press the right arrow once to select [Device/settings].
c.Press . (The Device Settings menu will appear.)
5.Display the [Language] screen.
a.Press the down arrow three times to select [Language selection].
7.Change the language display.
a.Press the down arrow until [English] is highlighted.
8.Press button three times to return to the main screen.
It is somewhat complicated if you cannot read the display as you go. I will be helpful to make sure you press the buttons in the solution below exactly as instructed. Hopefully, you can find your way back to English (or language of your choice):
1) With power on, Press <Menu> 2) Press [>] to select "Maintenance/Settings" - the icon has a pic of a wrench or tools of some sort 3) Press <OK> 4) Press [>] once to select "Device Settings" 5) Press <OK> 6) Press "Down arrow" 3 times to select "Language selection" 7) Press <OK> 8) Press "Down arrow" until English (or language of your choice) is highlighted 9) Press <OK> 10) Press <Stop/Reset> three times to return to main menu screen.
Your display should now be in English, or the language of your choice.
Issue: How do I change the
language setting of the LCD? Solution:
Change the display language settings (MP170)
LCD Appears in Japanese (or other foreign language)
Upon powering on the machine for the first time, the LCD will prompt to
select a display language. If a language other than English is selected, the
setting can be changed by following these steps.
Ensure the machine is powered
Press the <Menu> button
as many times as necessary to display [SYSTEM SETTINGS].
From the Copy mode
standby screen, press <Menu> 7 times.
From the Scan mode
standby screen, press <Menu> 1 time.
From the Memory card mode
standby screen, press <Menu> 6 - 12 times.
Use the right arrow twice to
select [OTHERS] and then press the <OK> button.
Use the right arrow three
times to select [LANGUAGE SETTING] and then press the <OK> button.
Use the right or left arrow
to select the appropriate language and then press <OK>. Choose from
the following language settings.