Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Try it again but be sure you have Vista Service Pack1 installed sucessuflly.
Use the last driver update from Hp.com sj655en.exe (for XP) but it will work fine for Vista.
Go here for more encouragement: http://groups.google.com/group/hp4200c-scanjet-does-work-under-vista?hl=en
Posted on Aug 04, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try installing in safe mode
Posted on Jan 07, 2008
SOURCE: scanjet 4300C
Hope this helps, but there's no specific model number, but here's a description:
Round barrel connecter with a positive center. Voltage regulator, power supply, powersupply, inverter, adaptor, adapter, transformer INPUT: AC 100V and OUTPUT: +12VDC/1.25A (12 Volt 1250mA)
And, a photo:
Posted on Aug 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
The following instructions were posted by Harlandas on the HP support forum:
Here are the directions:
1. If your scanner is connected to your computer (USB) uninstall it using the device manager, be sure to check the box that says "delete the driver." And, unplug the USB when it is uninstalled. When I did this had never installed the software previously in my Win 7 operating system.
2. Download the sj657 installer packaged from HP. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=sj657en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Extract it to a folder. If you double click on the downloaded file it will try to open the setup file automatically and you will get a message saying the software only works on Windows 98, etc. Just cancel and go to the folder (Default location is C:sj657) and continue with the next step.
3. Select the "setup" app and right click on it to get properties, change the compatibility to XP (I did service pack 2). Then run the it and click "OK" on any warnings from Windows 7.
4. Go to the Hewlett-Packard folder now in your Program Files directory, there will be a "HP Precisionscan" folder. It will be the only one unless you have other HP products. Open the Precisionscan LTX folder and change all apps to XP compatibility. I also checked the administrator check box on each app (there are several) just in case.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Plug in your scanner via USB and let it in install. Windows 7 should give you a notice that your 4300C was installed successfully.
The scanner will now work using the LTX software installed on your computer. The buttons on the front do not appear to work, nor can you do anything with it by going to "scanners and cameras" in your control panel. BUT otherwise, it seems to work great and all the functionality is there in the LTX software.
Mar 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 19, 2009 | HP Scanjet 3400c Flatbed Scanner
Aug 25, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 04, 2009 | HP ScanJet 5100C Flatbed Scanner
Mar 18, 2009 | HP Scanjet 4300c Flatbed Scanner
Nov 25, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 19, 2008 | HP ScanJet 2200C Flatbed Scanner
May 09, 2007 | HP Scanjet 4300c Flatbed Scanner
1,103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!