My instinct is stuck on the dial pad and speed dial area
My samsung instinct is stuck on the dial pad and won't let me get to my home page, so i can't listen to music, text message, go on the internet or anything except for speed dial, contacts, history and dialer. I am able to access the camera mode and my pictures by simply pressing the side button, i can also go to the sound command, and adjust the sound. My key pad is fine but the home button won't activate, it just goes black and turns back on or dims and freezes for a few seconds. I've tried turning it on and off but it still has no effect.
Re: my instinct is stuck on the dial pad and speed dial...
I had the same problem, call sprint and tell them the problem and they should exchange it for you, the problem is that the screen colapsed just enough to be touching that area of the phone. Don't go to a sprint store all they will tell you is its not under warranty and insurance should cover it. 100.00. hell no.
Its free replacement if you call sprint......
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your phone gets frozen somewhere and cant return home , simply take out its battery and reinsert it , after that switch on your phone and it will starts working as before. And after doing so check for any virus and intursware or corrupted application that caused the frozen , and fix this.
Use this method to hard reset your Samsung SPH-M800 Instinct phone:
Enter *2767*3855#. Warning! All your data including contacts, messages
etc. will be lost! Copy all your necessary data/Contacts/Messages etc.
to SIM or make backup to your PC before full reset! Take out SIM card
before full reset. or Menu > Settings > RESET > You
will see a Samsung Instinct reset code on the screen. Press Proceed
then enter the reset code press HOME key. Phone will reset itself in a
If it's still operable, then type in *#06# as you type numbers when dialing, this will automatically show you the IMEI number of your handset. Or you can find the IMEI number inside the battery compartment. Turn off the phone, open the battery cover, remove the battery and look inside the compartment, you'll see the Number with the Phone Model. The IMEI number should be 15 digits.
If you need further help, let me know with more details.
do what is called a "hard reset". take the battery out while the phone is still on and leave it sit for about a minute, then return the battery to the phone and turn it on. see if this helps. if not, back up your phone and try doing a full reset.
Steps to program speed dial on the Walker/Clarity Model W-1000 Touch Tone Sound Amplifier desk set phone w/large number pad.
1. Choose phone number to program including the (#1) digit for a long distance direct dial if
needed. Write chosen number(s) on a scratch pad as a guide for numbers. Identify numbers with the
names or contact description (ie."Mom's Cell Phone.")
2. Remove hand set receiver from phone.
3. Press "memory set" button ONCE on the phone located uder the receiver on the desk set.
4. Enter phone number chosen,including area codes and long distance prefixes if needed!
5. Locate the speed dial position button you want for that number...(located adjacent to
tag/pad slot for name and/or phone number to be written after entering.
6. Press the speed dial position button (ONCE). Then replace receiver back in craddle.
7. Try out speed/dial program. Pick up receiver, push speed dial button(position) listen to see if
correct phone number is contacted. Once established as correct; program additional speed dial
numbers: ie family, business, as needed.
8. DO NOT TRY TO PROGRAM THE NATIONAL EMERGENCY 911 NUMBER! Keep this in your
9. If you make a mistake while entering a phone number: Stop, Hang up phone and start all over again in the procedure sequence.
10. Remove white "description pad with slots for names or numbers) from underneath clear
plastic cover.(use a paper clip end to lift up plastic cover). Write name/description for that number
on white pad(ie. "Mom's Cell") Use a PENCIL FOR DESCRIPTIONS!!
11. TO SAVE TIME AND INCONVENIENCE TO PERSONS/BUSINESSES OF HAVING TO
ANSWER YOUR CALLS; CHOOSE A AUTOMATED ANSWERING NUMBER (USUALLY A
BUSINESS ANSWERING AUTOMATED SERVICE (IE. LARGE INSTITUTIONAL PHONE
NUMBER THAT HAS A MENU PROMPT usually a AT&T 800 # will have a prompt menu
USE this procedure to see if you program correctly then once you know how; go back and re-
enter all the numbers that you actually want on your speed dial settings.
Just had a look through the i600 manual and this is how you save a speed dial:
1. On the Home screen, press the Contacts soft key. You
can also press the Start soft key and select Contacts.
2. Select a contact from the list.
3. Scroll to a number, e-mail address, or web page
4. Press the Menu soft key and select Add to Speed Dial.
5. If necessary, enter the name you want.
6. In the Keypad assignment field, select a location.
7. Press the Done soft key