Question about Tricity Bendix WDR1040W Front Load Washer / Dryer
Bendix Washer-Dryer WD 1054B
The door will not open. The orange "key" light remains on. I've tried running the cycle again many times, but the door will not open.
If you remove the panel in the front lower right hand coner of the washer you should be able to feel around in there for a plastic cord. pull the cord to manually unlock the door
Posted on Nov 25, 2007
This solution worked for me. By removing the 2 screws holding the filter in place I could turn the filter and push it back into the machine. I could feel a thick cord which felt more like electrical cable but, by feeling around the area where I judged the lock to be located on the inside, was able to locate the actual catch and release it. Thanks Chris72! This saved me a lot of money on a service call and much frustration at not being able to get to my clothes for several days - the earliest the repairer could come.
Posted on Dec 10, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2016 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Aug 24, 2015 | Kenmore Elite HE5t Washer
Aug 23, 2012 | LG Washing Machines
3) Open the dispenser drawer and immediately add 2/3 cup (160 mL) of liquid chlorine bleach to the bleach compartment.
NOTE: Do not add any detergent to this cycle. Use of more than 2/3 cup (160 mL) of bleach will cause product damage over time.
4) Be sure dispenser drawer is closed.
5) Select the CLEAN WASHER cycle.
6) Press START.
NOTE: The basket will rotate, then the door will unlock, lock again, and then the cycle will continue. The machine will not fill, but the basket will rotate while the washer runs a short sensing cycle. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
7) The cycle will determine if clothing or other items are in the washer. a) If no items are detected in the washer, it will proceed to step 8. b) If any items are detected in the washer, all cycle lights will flash and "rL" or "F/34" will be displayed. Associated LED status lights will remain lit. The door will then unlock. Press STOP to cancel the failure code. Then repeat steps 1, 2 and 6 to start the cycle again.
8) Once the cycle has begun, allow the cycle to be completed.
9) After the cycle is complete, leave the door open, slightly, to allow for better ventilation and drying of washer interior.
Good Luck and thank you for choosing FixYa. Please take a moment to rate the info I provided and a short testimony is appreciated.
Aug 14, 2011 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jul 29, 2011 | LG WD14311RD Front Load Washer / Dryer
Feb 27, 2011 | Tricity Bendix AW1400W Front Load Washer
Dec 17, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Nov 28, 2010 | LG WD-14124RD Front Load Washer / Dryer
Apr 28, 2010 | Tricity Bendix WDR1240W Front Load Washer...
1,434 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: