Question about Kenmore Elite Oasis ST 6806 Electric Dryer
Replacing the dryer belt on this model dryer involves the following steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer and remove the lint screen.
2. With the lint screen door open, remove the two screws and lift the top panel.
3. Unplug the door switch conector plug and any ground wire that may be installed on the casing.
4. Locate the two screws that hold the front panel in place. There should be one screw on each side in the cabinet interior.
5. With the door shut, lean against the front panel and remove the two screws that hold it in place. Once the screws are removed, grasp the front panel at the top center and lift straight up to remove.
You should now have complete access to the dryer interior. If the belt is broken, this may cause the idler pulley to come loose. This is normal with no tension on the pulley to hold it in place. To install a new belt and re-install the pulley, follow these steps:
1. Loop the drive belt around the dryer drum with the groove side facing the drum. (Try to line the belt up with the wear marks already on the drum from the previous belt).
2. With the tensioner in your left hand, insert the clip end of the idler pulley into the grooves on the dryer bottom casing with the idler wheel pointing to your left. (The grooves are directly in front of the drive motor.)
3. While holding the tensioner in place, insert the belt UNDER the wheel with your right hand and pull it up and over the drive motor pulley.
If this does not explain it well enough, you can also verify by going to repairclinic.com. Click on the Repair Help link and look for the "Dryer Belt Diagrams" link under the Special Features section on the next page. Look for Whirlpool and refer to diagram H.
Once you have the belt installed, re-install the dryer front panel by holding it as you did previously. Line up the holes on the inside bottom edge of the front panel with the small mounting cleats on the front edge of the side panels. This can be done by yourself, but an assist may make it easier. Once you have the front panel in place, lean against it to hold it in place and install the mounting screws. NOTE: Don't forget to reconnect the grounding wire and door switch connector plug. Without the door switch connected, the dryer will not run. Lower the top panel back in place and reinstall the two screws.
NOTE: Placing a piece of duct tape over the dryer vent chute will help safeguard against dropping anything down in the blower fan assembly. If you drop any screws down the chute, you will need to remove the dryer back panel to retrieve them.
If you still have questions, please let me know. I hope this helps you
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: kenmore electric dryer mdl#110
check the white fuse on the blower can
make sure you are getting 240 volts
the safty fuse and tstats you said you checked
only other thing is the timer
Posted on Apr 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | Hotpoint Dryers
May 10, 2012 | Dryers
Dec 03, 2010 | Magic Chef CYE3005AYW Electric Dryer
Aug 16, 2010 | Dryers
Mar 11, 2010 | Asko T761 Electric Dryer
Jan 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Dryers
Jun 15, 2009 | Asko T761 Electric Dryer
Feb 27, 2009 | Kenmore Dryers
Feb 12, 2009 | Roper REX5635E Dryer
369 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: