Question about NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless Router
I have a netgear wnr834bv2 and a netgear wn311b reciever and i constantly lose connection every 1 or 2 minutes and i have to open up the wn311b menu and search for new signals. I cant figure out if its the router or the reciever that is messing up and how to fix it
Hi, follow the steps below to upgrade firmware on the router:
A. Open the router page using the following way:
1. Connect a computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
2. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
3. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
4. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the username and password is case sensitive).
B. Visit the following link to download the latest firmware.
C. Please follow the steps to upload the firmware of the router:
1. Open the router page using the steps mentioned above.
2. Under Maintenance, click router Upgrade.
3. Click Browse and locate the upgrade file.
4. Click Upload.
5. Wait for the router to reboot.
6. Click on 'Logout' (at the bottom of the list) from left menu.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
Try changing the channels on both
Make a hardwire connection
try someone elses USB thumb
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 11, 2012 | NetGear WNR834B RangeMax NEXT Wireless-N...
Mar 22, 2011 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WN311B...
Jan 04, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 17, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WN311B...
Nov 02, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Sep 03, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
May 12, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Aug 10, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 08, 2009 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
Oct 30, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax NEXT WNR834B Wireless...
1,077 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: