- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Restart your compuetr and the moment you see something on screen start tapping F8 key slowly and keep tapping utill you see a black screen with some optioons in white color.
2. The first option will be Repair your computer. Highlight it and select that by hitting enter.
3. It will take you to screen where you will find some option where there would be 6 options and you have to select the last one.
4. It will ask you for confirmation of data deletion you can proceed if you dont want data.
5. It will take 15 to 20 mins to complete the procedure and the system will restart.
If you are using windows Xp
1. WHen you restart the computer you have to press and hold Ctrl key and then you have to keep tapping F11 key and it will take you to the same screen where it will ask you for data deletion.
then get the setup cd. start the setup and press r or enter repair console when asked. it asks for your password, login, then run chkdsk make sure it does the check even if it says the disk is marked clean. I dont remember which switch it was you can see them with chkdsk /?
Do that and try starting windows again.
If that failes do a repair install from the windows setup.
If you are WinXP user indeed you must re-remember the password anyway.It would be the best solution.
Try to remember.if not leave pass some days and try again.Otherwise boot from cdrom with win cd in and setup a fresh win installation to a new directory i.e C:\WINnew.