Question about Washing Machines
F28 is a SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR.
Given the intermittent nature of the problem it is highly possible that this error is caused by a loose connection on the serial wiring of the machine. You can check these connections over yourself.
There are other possible causes however and I have listed what the technical repair manual says about it below.
F-28 SERIAL COMMUNICATION ERROR
The communication between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and
the Motor Control Unit (MCU) cannot be sent correctly.
1. Unplug washer or disconnect power.
2. Check wire harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and
Central Control Unit (CCU).
– Check connections of the CCU board within the housing.
– Make sure all grounding switches are engaged.
3. Check the drive system for any worn or failed components.
4. Plug in washer or reconnect power.
5. Verify CCU operation by running a Diagnostic Test or any
6. Check the MCU by looking for operations of the drive motor.
7. Check the drive motor for powered rotations.
8. Check that the serial harness at the MCU is not mounted
upside down. The wires should be to the left when facing
the MCU connectors.
Hope this helps. Please do remember to rate my answer. Many Thanks.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 25, 2016 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Sep 28, 2009 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Jan 16, 2009 | Frigidaire FEX831C Stack Electric Laundry...
Nov 17, 2008 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Nov 01, 2008 | Hoover UltraCare HC6 150M Front Load...
Oct 10, 2008 | LG WM-1832C Front Load Washer
Oct 07, 2008 | Washing Machines
Apr 17, 2007 | GE WJSR2070B Top Load Washer
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!