Question about NetGear WGPS606 (WGPS606NAR) Print Server
I have two printers to connect to my WGPS606. No problem with my Epson R220 but my HP LaserJet 1010 prints pages with on line of junk. The printer works fine directly connect to the computer. Used the same setup for both.
Hi, update the drivers for the printer 1010 on the concerned computer. If the issue persists then please perform the steps below to manually add the ports for the printer on the computer:
1. Go to control panel then go to printer and faxes.
2. Right click on the printer icon go to properties.
3. Click on the ports tab on the top.
4. Click on add port.
5. Select standard TCP/IP port and click on new port.
6. Press next.
7. Enter the ip address of the print server it will show you the port (IP_ip address).
8. Press next.
9. Select the second option custom and click on settings button.
10. Select the protocol as LPR, enter the queue name as q1.
11. Select LPR byte counting enable.
12. Click on ok and press next then click on finish.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 04, 2017 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 08, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1010 Printer
Sep 01, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1010 Printer
Jun 22, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1010 Printer
Mar 25, 2009 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jul 30, 2013 | NetGear WGPS606 (WGPS606NAR) Print Server
Aug 11, 2011 | NetGear WGPS606 (WGPS606NAR) Print Server
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: