Question about Garden
Instructions required for inserting refil spool for black and decker garden trimmer GL540.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It sounds like that the automatic line release is damaged.
1. Remove and clean all debris from the head. I assume that you have already done this if you have changed the line a few times, but just make sure.
2. Remove the the head from the shaft.
3. There should be a large spring in there. If its broken, damaged or missing that will allow the head to spool line pretty fast. again make sure all debris is removed from this area.
4. Check the feed dogs in the same area as the spring. If they are worn the same problem will occur.
5. Install line on the spool.Make sure that it is wound the proper direction. There should be arrows indicating this. The line wound in reverse will also cause the same problem as well.
6. Put it all back together and see if works now.
7. If this doesn't solve it you may need to replace the head assembly.
Posted on Jul 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jul 23, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Jul 13, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Apr 21, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Apr 11, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Mar 14, 2010 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
Apr 22, 2009 | Black & Decker 14" Grass Hog Xp...
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!