My 2005 GMc envoy stopped when I stopped at stop sign the service brake system warning keeps coming on when push brake pedal. Gear shifter won't move out of park and it will not start.
Hello Kammy ,you have electronic problems ! Your best bet would have it towed to a qualified repair shop .
SERVICE BRAKE SYSTEM
Refer to Brake Warning System Description and Operation !
The instrument panel cluster (IPC) illuminates the brake warning indicator when one or more of the following occurs:
• The body control module (BCM) detects that the park brake is engaged. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the BCM requesting illumination.
• The electronic brake control module (EBCM) detects a low brake fluid condition. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination.
• The EBCM detects an ABS malfunction which disables dynamic rear proportioning (DRP). The IPC receives a class 2 message from the EBCM requesting illumination.
• The IPC performs the bulb check at the start of each ignition cycle. The brake warning indicator illuminates for approximately 3 seconds before turning OFF.
• The IPC detects a loss of class 2 communications with the BCM or with the EBCM.
When there are electronic problems the computers will not allow the vehicle to start , hooking up a factory or professional scan tool to see what the problem is is the first place to start .
Apr 14, 2017 |
2005 GMC Envoy