Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Removing the door safety switch:
1. Disconnect the washer from the electrical supply.
2. Release the bellows from the front panel:
Releasing the bellows (door boot) from the front panel:
The front of the bellows is installed over the lip of the door opening in the front panel and held in place by a spring loaded wire loop.
3. Open the loading door.
4. Using needle nose pliers, start where the spring and wire are connected at the bottom of the bellows and pull the wire out of the groove of the bellows.
5. Pull the bellows off of the lip of the front panel.
6. Remove the (2) screw holding the switch assembly to the front panel.
7. Pull the switch assembly into the door opening and unplug the electrical connectors.
Install is the reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 11, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2013 | 2008 GMC Sierra 1500
Nov 12, 2012 | Kitchen Ranges
Nov 03, 2012 | 2002 Dodge Neon
Oct 16, 2012 | Washing Machines
Jun 16, 2012 | Jenn-Air Microwave Ovens
Dec 09, 2011 | Maytag Washing Machines
Aug 17, 2011 | 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Jan 13, 2011 | 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Nov 16, 2017 | Kenmore Washing Machines
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: