Question about Precor Exercise & Fitness
The incline motor works when given 120v in both directions. No error code. Replaced the IFT drive also - same issue.
If the motor does work and the controller is new then check all the wiring from the upper board down to the lower board. It may be an issue of the upper board not sending a signal to the lower board.
Posted on Jan 29, 2018
Proform Treadmill Incline Problem Fixed
pLEASE Test fo 120 vac forward and backward
2) if there are voltages coming from controller boad motor the inclination motor is fault or capacitor
3) If there are not the controller board motor is fauty
3) However are some treadmill working with relais see if this relais are coming up in the respective board, if Do not see if there some fuse faulty and replace, if there are good the board is faulty for incline motor.
Posted on Jan 25, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
not at all, under 30 min for even a novice!!!, remove 2 screws holding down console, depending on year they are either on the bottom of the face of console in both corners or looking over the top of unit you'll see 2 screw head in both corners screwing down into machine. remove the screws and the console will flip backwards. disconnect the harness going through he main top(lid switch assy). and twist off with a screwdriver the 2 brass wavy clips 3 inches in from either side of machine.( you nay have to twist hard but they will pop theyre sorta spring loaded), lift of the entire cabinet and set side. youll see the pump assy 2 spring clips remove it(leave the hoses attached just hold out of the way, next 2 spring clamps hold the motor and youll find the coupling just behind there, youll need to smack the coupling back on to the shaft, i use the back end of my nut driver and hit with small hammer. dont need to kill it but will need to be forced on, and your done reassemble, (dnot forget ot plug back in the lid switch before closing the console,) ant the cabinet hooks under the front of machine and should fall right back into place, the brass clips will line up real good when cabinet is on properly just a firm push down and they snap right back in
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Because you are hearing the lift motor making a noise, it sounds like the gears in the motor are bad. The fix is to replace the lift motor.
Posted on Apr 29, 2010
SOURCE: NO 20amp 120v power
you probably tripped a circuit breaker. Carefully push in all the circuit breakers, I bet that one of them will give slightly and power will be restored.
Sometimes the 20amp outlet is also a GFI outlet. You may need to reset the outlet itself if so equipped.
Posted on Jun 12, 2010
Check the yellow pages in your area for "Electric Motor" sales and service. The motor may be in good enough condition to rebuild, if not they may be able to help you find a replacement.
Remove it, take it to them for an assessment. Rebuilding a motor often costs a fraction of what the new replacement motor could cost.
Posted on Dec 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2016 | Precor 956i Experience Series Treadmill...
Oct 15, 2015 | Exercise & Fitness
Sep 16, 2014 | Precor C954i Commercial Treadmill
Feb 16, 2014 | Precor Exercise & Fitness
Dec 19, 2013 | Precor C954i Commercial Treadmill
Sep 12, 2012 | Precor C954i Commercial Treadmill
Apr 06, 2011 | Precor C954i Commercial Treadmill
Sep 15, 2010 | Precor C954i Commercial Treadmill
Jun 30, 2010 | Precor C954i Experience Treadmill
Feb 27, 2010 | Precor C954i Commercial Treadmill
Jul 03, 2019 | Precor Exercise & Fitness
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: