Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Hi. I did some research on this on canon website. This may be a serious problem, we should better fix it so that it does not cause you money.
Canon suggests three steps, you can try any of them and check if it fixes. If they do not work, it would require service (trust me its very rare).
Clean the Paper Feed Rollers
If the paper feed rollers become dirty, they may not be able to properly feed paper.
If paper does not feed correctly, perform the following to clean the paper feed rollers.
1. If paper is set, remove the paper and turn on the printer.
2. When the printer is powered on, press and hold the Resume/Cancel button. Release the Resume/Cancel button after the Power lamp blinks three times. Cleaning will automatically start. (The paper feed roller cleans itself by revolving ten times.)
Please wait approx. 30 seconds for paper feed roller cleaning to complete.
3. When the Power lamp lights in green, repeat step 2 several times.
4. To confirm whether cleaning has been performed properly, set a blank sheet of plain paper (A4 or Letter size).
5. Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button and release it when the Power lamp blinks three times. (The paper set in the printer is picked up and fed.)
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 several times.
Remove Foreign Material
Foreign material inside the printer can cause printer malfunction.
1. If there is any foreign material (such as a piece of metal or pen) inside the printer, after turning the printer off and removing the power cord from the outlet, remove the foreign material by hand or with tweezers.
2. Ensure that there is no foreign material by opening the front cover.
Resetting the Printer
By resetting the printer's power, the print buffer is cleared and certain sensors are reset. If there is invalid data in the buffer, or sensors are stuck in a particular mode; errors may occur.
Follow these steps to reset the printer:
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button (if available).
2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared) .
3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in. If troubleshooting a communication issue, reconnect the data cable (not applicable to WiFi, Bluetooth or Infrared).
4. Turn the printer back on.
If it helps you in any way, I would be thankful if you please rate the post.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
Should be minor, just says no paper, load paper and press resume. Sounds like a print job in the buffer or it wants to advance a sheet of paper thru. Paper not feeding could be major though.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 28, 2011 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 20, 2009 | Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo InkJet Printer
Apr 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 20, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 15, 2009 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 25, 2009 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 13, 2008 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 31, 2007 | Canon i9900 InkJet Photo Printer
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!