Question about NetGear MA111 802.11b Wireless Adapter
Hi, Follow the steps below to configure the below settings:
1. Double click on MA111 icon from the right hand extreme bottom corner of the screen, near the system clock, in the system tray.
2. Click on networks tab.
3. Click on the SCAN button - This will show a listing of all available networks.
4. Select the network you wish to connect to and click on the "CONNECT" button.
5. This will automatically take you back to the settings tab.
6. If you are using WEP security then Enter the WEP KEY under the option 'Enter Key manually' under the settings Tab.
7. Apply Settings .
8. This should get you connected to your selected network.
9. Click on the 'About' tab and check the IP address.
10. If you are getting an IP address in the format of 192.168.x.x, try to go online.
11. If you are not getting an IP or the IP is in the format of 169.254.x.x, restart the computer and then try to go online.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion with the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2013 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Mar 04, 2013 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Jul 21, 2011 | D-Link 802.11g Wireless Router WBR-1310...
Jun 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 09, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Jan 12, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 01, 2009 | Belkin Wireless-G Plus MIMO Router with...
May 28, 2009 | Gateway M305CRV Notebook
Nov 13, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 24, 2018 | RCA Computers & Internet
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!