Question about NetGear WNR834B RangeMax NEXT Wireless-N Router (NET-NR834B)
Hello my netgear router is validating my identity i have already entered my wpa key what do i do? please help
Hi, Follow the steps below to configure settings :
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply.
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab.
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove.Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight the SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion with the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 12, 2012 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 25, 2012 | NetGear Computers & Internet
After logging in. Look at the main menu
on the left, click on Wireless Settings, from there you
can check the Wireless Key(For WEP you need Key 1,2,3 or 4 whichever is selected... For WPA you need passphrase) or you can setup
wireless security from there if you haven't done so.
~~Hope this helps~~
Nov 28, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
I understand that you need to check the security key so as to connect the computer with the router's wireless network.
In order to get this key we need to login to the router's page using any computer which is physically connected to router. Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open a web browser like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari.
2. Access the router's GUI by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. When prompted for Username and Password, please enter 'admin' for the Username and 'password' for Password.
4. Click on Wireless Settings (under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) or WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key) is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase (or network key).
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the router's wireless network.
Mar 21, 2011 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
Jan 21, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jul 02, 2010 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
May 26, 2010 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
May 20, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Jun 27, 2009 | Belkin Computers & Internet
May 28, 2009 | Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Notebook
Nov 18, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
314 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: