Question about NetGear DG834G Wireless Router
Hi, Follow the steps below to enable security on the wireless modem:
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) on a computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Select security options as 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)'. Set the 'Authentication Type' as automatic. Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit.
6. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number. Apply the settings.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion with the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Dec 20, 2010 | Arris SURFboard SBG900 (49402201900) Modem
Mar 18, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 04, 2009 | AT&T High Speed DSL Modem
Jan 02, 2009 | 2wire (1000-000057-000) Modem
Aug 20, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed VersaLink...
Jul 14, 2008 | ASUS Cell Phones
Jun 26, 2008 | Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
1,079 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: