Question about Mercury P4VM800M7 Motherboard
If you are having trouble booting the system and getting a screen
try the following multi-step procedure. Power off your system first
before completing any of the following tips.
1) Check CMOS clear jumper JP1 (JBAT1 on some systems). Set for CLEAR for 5 seconds, then move back.
2) Check CPU host clock jumpers (if any) are properly set. Note: does not control memory bus.
3) Check your power supply. Should be 110/115v for North America.
4) Unplug all data cables for IDE and FDD from the motherboard.
5) Unplug all power supply cables attaching to your IDE and FDD drives.
6) Remove all cards and devices EXCEPT for video, RAM, CPU, CPU heatsink/FAN.
7) Move memory into a different bank, if available.
8)Unplug the CPU and reattach.
9) Ensure your CPU heatsink/FAN is attached properly to the CPU.
10) If you use a variable RPM fan ensure its set for full speed.
12) If 1-11 do not help power off and test the motherboard outside the computer case to eliminate a case/motherboard power short.
13) Retest. If the board now works check for case problems. If the system still is not working continue…
14) You may have a possible hardware problem. Any device in the system may be a possible culprit. Use process of elimination to determine the cause. Swap out as many components as possible starting with RAM, CPU, POWER SUPPLY, VIDEO CARD (if present) and/or MOTHERBOARD.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 08, 2016 | Refrigerators
Dec 31, 2011 | MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD...
Apr 03, 2011 | Refrigerators
Jan 11, 2010 | Sony PVW-2800 VCR
Nov 16, 2009 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Nov 09, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 04, 2009 | AMD Sempron LE-1300, 2.3 GHz...
Jul 12, 2009 | LG LFC25760ST 25 Cu. Ft. Panorama French...
177 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!